You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Three die inside manhole during cleaning

Press Trust of India  |  Mumbai 

Two sanitation workers and the who had employed them died of suffocation in a manhole at in neighbouring district, police said Wednesday.

The incident took place at Kalundre village Wednesday evening, a said.

The labourers were engaged in cleaning a sewage line when they apparently suffered suffocation due to poisonous gases inside a manhole, he said.

Two of the deceased were identified as Vikas Mhaskar, the contractor, and Santosh Waghmare, a labourer. Identity of the third person is yet to ascertained.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, January 09 2019. 23:55 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU