You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Timothee Chalamet is '1000 per cent' ready for 'Call Me By Your Name' sequel

Press Trust of India  |  Los Angeles 

has said and he are "1000 per cent" ready for the sequel of their hit "Call Me By Your Name".

Directed by Luca Guadagnino, "Call Me By Your Name" is a story of an unexpected first love between 17-year-old and 24-year-old American student (Hammer).

Ever since the film's release, there has been a talk of a sequel with the also expressing his desire for a follow-up.

In an interview with Time Magazine, Chalamet, 22, said he is confident that the sequel will be made.

"I don't see any world where it doesn't happen... I think Andre (Aciman) is comfortable with a sequel being made. I know Luca really wants it. And I know Armie and I are 1000 per cent in," he said.

Talking about the sequel's story, Chalamet said it might take inspiration from Richard Linklater's "Boyhood".

"I think it'll be a couple of years later. And I think that's cool, to take advantage of the 'Boyhood' style of storytelling. That isn't done all the time," he added.

Last month, had confirmed at the Toronto International Festival that a sequel to the is in the works.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, October 07 2018. 13:20 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU