REUTERS - Indian shares ended lower on Friday, as financial stocks fell with Punjab National Bank down for a third straight session after it said earlier this week that it had been hit by a $1.77 billion fraud.The benchmark BSE Sensex closed down 0.84 percent at 34,010.76, rising 0.01 percent for the week. The broader NSE Nifty ended 0.88 percent lower at 10,452.30, ending the week 0.03 percent down.PNB shares fell 2.1 percent after declining 21 percent over the previous two sessions. (Reporting by Tanvi Mehta in Bengaluru; Editing by Biju Dwarakanath)(This story has not been edited by ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2021 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard