The civic body in Maharashtra's Nagpur city on Friday issued a notification banning Holi celebrations and Shab-e-Barat processions in public and private places amid the rise in COVID-19 cases. The state government has already imposed strict restrictions in Nagpur till March 31. According to an order issued by the Nagpur Municipal Corporation, not more than five people will be permitted to gather at public places during the festivals on March 28 and 29. Holi celebrations and Shab-e-Barat processions will not be permitted in private and public spaces, the notification stated. The NMC has further stated that all private establishments, offices, shops, markets and libraries will remain shut on March 29. Apart from this, all stand-alone grocery, vegetable, and meat shops will have to down their shutters after 1 pm on March 29, it was stated. Nagpur district recorded a single-day spike of 3,579 COVID-19 cases and 47 deaths on Thursday, an official said. The tally of infe
This is its highest single-day figure so far since the outbreak of the pandemic last year, the authorities said
Restrictions imposed in Nagpur district will continue with some relaxations from March 22 to March 31 in view of rising coronavirus cases, Maharashtra Energy Minister Nitin Raut said on Saturday
With the addition of the latest cases and fatalities, the count of infections in the district has risen to 1,85,787 and the toll has reached 4,563
At least 16 patients died, while 1,216 were discharged from hospitals during the day
Roads across Nagpur wore a deserted look as the city entered a week-long lockdown on Monday
Marriage halls will be non-operational from February 25 to March 7, and social, political, cultural events will also not be permitted, he added
With the addition of 596 fresh coronavirus cases, the count of infections in Maharashtra's Nagpur district rose to 1,40,384 on Wednesday, an official said.
IT company HCL Technologies on Thursday said it plans to add 1,000 employees in the next few months to work out of its campus near Nagpur. The new hiring will be a mix of freshers and experienced hands, the New Delhi-headquartered company said in a statement. The company has a 50-acre campus in MIHAN (Multi-modal International Cargo Hub and Airport at Nagpur) near the winter capital of Maharashtra which went operational in April 2018 and currently houses 2,000 employees, it said. It wishes to create a global IT development centre at the site which will include efforts to recruit, train and employ local talent and create sustainable ecosystems for them.HCL Nagpur focuses onEngineering and R&D Services (ERS),application development and infrastructure management services line of business. The company said it has a campaign wherein it wants talent from Nagpur to come back to the orange city to pursue a career in ERS, application and infrastructure management services. The company has
With the addition of 294 fresh cases of Covid-19, the tally of infections in Maharashtra's Nashik district reached 1,33,964 on Saturday, an official said
In a setback for the BJP, which lost power in the state after Assembly elections last year, its candidate also lost in Nagpur, a bastion of the saffron party
When Biden, then US Vice President, was in Mumbai in 2013, he had said at an event there that some of his distant relatives reside in India's financial capital.
Nagpur district registered 385 new coronavirus cases, taking its tally to 103,642, the local administration said
The Nagpur district on Saturday recorded 236 new coronavirus cases, taking the number of cases in the district to 102,786
As many as 342 persons tested positive for coronavirus, while 458 recovered from the infection in Maharashtra's Nagpur district on Wednesday, an official said
As many as 427 persons tested positive for coronavirus, while 13 died of the infection in Maharashtra's Nagpur district on Tuesday, an official said
With the detection of 540 new cases of coronavirus, the count of infections in Maharashtra's Nagpur district crossed the 90,000 mark on Saturday
At least 660 persons tested positive for coronavirus, while 20 died of the infection in Maharashtra's Nagpur district on Tuesday, an official said
"Despite appeals, many people are not wearing masks. From Monday, the fine here will be Rs 500, up from the current Rs 200," he said
Five COVID-19 patients were caught hours after they fled from a Nagpur-based government-run hospital while undergoing treatment on Sunday