No. of individuals reporting STCG has risen 10-fold to 4.58 mn in 11 years
Indogulf Cropsciences Ltd, a manufacturer of crop protection products, plant nutrients, and biologicals, has filed preliminary papers with capital markets regulator Sebi to raise funds through an Initial Public Offering (IPO). The Delhi-based company's IPO is a mix of fresh issues of up to Rs 200 crore and an Offer For Sale (OFS) of up to 38.55 lakh equity shares by selling shareholders. The offer also includes reservations for eligible employees, according to the Draft Red Herring Prospectus (DRHP). The OFS comprises the sale of 15.41 lakh equity shares by Om Prakash Aggarwal (HUF) and 23.14 lakh equity shares by Sanjay Aggarwal (HUF). Proceeds from the fresh issue to the extent of Rs 100 crore will be used for funding working capital requirements of the company; Rs 40 crore for payment of debt, Rs 14 crore for setting up an in-house dry flowable plant at Barwasni Sonipat, Haryana; and a portion will be used for general corporate purposes, as per the draft papers filed on ...
M&B Engineering Ltd on Wednesday filed draft papers with capital markets regulator Sebi to mobilise Rs 653 crore through an initial public offering (IPO). The proposed IPO is a mix of fresh issue of equity shares worth Rs 325 crore and an offer for sale (OFS) of Rs 328 crore by promoters, according to the draft red herring prospectus (DRHP). At present, promoters hold 100 per cent stake in the company. Proceeds from the fresh issue to the extent of Rs 63.9 crore will be used for purchasing equipment and machinery for the company's manufacturing facilities, Rs 60 crore for payment of debt, Rs 110 crore to meet the company's working capital requirements and the remaining funds will be allocated towards general corporate purposes. The Gujarat-based company's total borrowings stood at Rs 204.84 crore as of March 2024, the draft papers showed. M&B Engineering is one of the country's leading Pre-Engineered Buildings (PEB) and Self-Supported Roofing providers in terms of installed ...
To streamline the application process for public issues of debt securities, markets regulator Sebi on Tuesday asked individual investors applying for amounts up to Rs 5 lakh through intermediaries to use only UPI to block funds. Further, investors will continue to have the choice of availing other methods like applying through Self-Certified Syndicate Banks or the stock exchange platform for making applications, Sebi said in its circular. These provisions will apply to public issues of debt securities starting from November 1. The move is aimed at streamlining and aligning the process of applying in the public issue of debt securities, non-convertible redeemable preference shares, municipal debt securities and securitised debt instruments with that of the public issue of equity shares and convertibles. "It has been decided that all individual investors applying in public issues of such securities through intermediaries (viz. syndicate members, registered stock brokers, registrar to
Board meeting on Sep 30, first since conflict of interest allegations against chairperson
To ease onboarding for FPIs and reduce duplication of information, Sebi on Tuesday proposed an abridged version of Common Application Form (CAF) that only requires information unique to the applicant. Further, the rest of the information will be auto-filled from the depository's records or certain fields will be disabled if not needed. Also, the applicants will need to confirm that the previously provided information remains unchanged, Sebi proposed in its consultation paper. The regulator observed that in case of certain categories of Foreign Portfolio Investor (FPI) applicants like multiple funds under an Investment Manager (IM), sub-funds of a master fund, or schemes of insurance companies, much of their relevant information is already captured in depositories' CAF module, which can be leveraged without seeking the same from said applicants. Further, there are certain fields which are exclusive to individual FPI applicants and hence will not be applicable to the applicants ...
Capital markets regulator Sebi on Tuesday imposed a penalty of Rs 9 lakh on BGR Energy Systems for disclosure lapses to the stock exchanges and flouting other market norms. The order came after the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) conducted an examination in the matter of BGR Energy Systems Ltd (BGR) listed on the BSE and NSE. The investigation was to ascertain whether there was any violation of the provisions of LODR (Listing Obligations And Disclosure Requirements) regulations by BGR Energy Systems. During the examination, the regulator observed that BGR had allegedly failed to comply with the provisions of disclosure norms and various Sebi rules. Thereafter, the market watchdog initiated adjudication proceedings against the noticee (BGR Energy Systems) and issued a show-cause notice to the company on August 2, 2024. The regulator observed that BGR has admittedly uploaded the audited financial statements of its subsidiary companies viz, BGR Boilers Pvt Ltd and BGR .
Markets regulator Sebi on Tuesday issued guidelines on the parameters for the performance evaluation of market infrastructure institutions (MIIs), comprising stock exchanges, clearing corporations and depositories by independent external agencies. The guidelines are aimed at ensuring consistency and uniformity for evaluations to be done by independent external agencies. For performance evaluation criteria, Sebi said the evaluation will be based on seven key criteria - technology resilience (40 per cent), investor education (17 per cent), regulatory compliance (15 per cent), governance practices (8 per cent) and 5 per cent each for adequacy of resources and fair access and treatment to all stakeholders and information disclosure. MIIs are required to appoint independent external agencies to evaluate their performance every three years. The agencies need to have relevant expertise in the securities market and must receive a "No Objection Certificate" (NOC) from Sebi, the regulator sai
Real estate developer Casagrand Premier Builder has filed preliminary papers with capital markets regulator Sebi to raise Rs 1,100 crore through an initial public offering (IPO). The IPO is a combination of a fresh issue of equity shares worth Rs 1,000 crore and an offer for sale (OFS) of stocks valued Rs 100 crore by promoters, according to the draft red herring prospectus (DRHP). The OFS consists of the sale of equity shares up to Rs 50 crore each by Arun MN and Casagrand Luxor Pvt Ltd. Besides, the company may consider raising up to Rs 200 crore in a pre-IPO placement round. If such placement is carried out, the fresh issue size will be reduced. Going by the draft papers filed last week, proceeds from the fresh issue will be used for payment of debt availed of by the company and its subsidiaries as well as for general corporate purposes. Founded in 2003, the Chennai-based company offers a diverse range of residential projects, including apartments of various sizes and independe
The Congress has slammed SEBI's refusal to disclose instances when its chairperson Madhabi Buch recused herself due to conflict of interest and said that this makes a "mockery" of public accountability and transparency. The cases where Buch recused herself due to potential conflict of interest is not "readily" available and collating them would "disproportionately divert" its resources, the securities market regulator said in an RTI response on Friday. In the response furnished to transparency activist Commodore Lokesh Batra (retd), the regulator also refused to provide copies of Buch's declarations to the government and SEBI Board on the financial assets and equities held by her and her family members on the grounds of these being "personal information" and that their disclosure may "endanger" personal safety. Reacting to the development, Congress general secretary in-charge communications Jairam Ramesh said, "The multiple conflicts of interest of the SEBI Chairperson that have bee
Sebi has set conditions for the flexibility to ensure risk management
Parliament's oversight of statutory regulatory authorities is weak, and strengthening it is both necessary and desirable
The regulator also included valuation guidelines endorsed by the AIF association for the valuation of assets on which there was ambiguity under the previous norms
Markets regulator Sebi has amended rules to streamline the process for public issuance of debt securities aimed at providing faster access to funds for such issuers. Under the amended rules, Sebi has reduced the period for seeking public comments on the draft offer documents from 7 working days to 1 day for issuers whose specified securities are already listed and 5 days for other issuers. "The issuers whose specified securities are listed on a recognised stock exchange having nationwide trading terminals shall post the draft offer document filed with stock exchange(s) for one day immediately after the date of filing the draft offer document with stock exchange(s)," the regulator said in a notification. Also, the minimum subscription period has been cut from 3 to 2 working days. Further, in case of revision in the price band or yield, the bidding period disclosed in the offer documents, can be extended by one working day instead of three working days. The new rules are aimed at ...
The Congress on Tuesday said the "answers" being provided by SEBI chairperson Madhabi Buch and her husband raise even more questions and asserted that "the facts" that have been put out on their financial dealings have not been contradicted so far by anyone. Congress general secretary in-charge communications Jairam Ramesh also asked whether Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Prime Minister Narendra Modi were aware of these "facts" since 2022 at least and do they really think that these "facts are trivial" and do not, in any way, compromise the functioning of the capital markets regulator. His remarks come a day after Sitharaman said Madhabi Buch and her husband Dhaval Buch are defending themselves and putting out facts contradicting the allegations of Congress. In a post in X, Ramesh said, "The finance minister has finally broken the Union government's silence on the issue of the multiple conflicts of interest of the SEBI chairperson. "She has said that the SEBI chairperson a
Previous release issued on September 4 had led to protests
Sebi on Monday retracted its statement that "external elements" were behind employee protests against its work culture. The regulator emphasised it will handle the issues internally
Fresh allegation that Buch traded in listed securities while holding a position in Sebi came a day after a detailed response from the Sebi chief and her husband
Market regulator Sebi on Friday announced rolling out a new system -- Centralized Fee Collection Mechanism -- to facilitate collection of fees by Investment Advisers (IAs) and Research Analysts (RAs) from their clients on an optional basis. Under this mechanism, clients will pay fees to IAs/RAs, through a designated platform or portal administered by a recognised Administration and Supervisory Body (ASB), the regulator said in a circular. The move came in response to the growing interest in the securities market and the need for greater transparency in fee payments. The markets regulator said that BSE would specify the operational framework for the mechanism on or before September 23 and make the mechanism operational from October 1. The mechanism has been co-created by BSE Ltd with the help of various stakeholders. While using this mechanism is optional, Sebi asked ASB to take steps to encourage clients and the registered IAs and RAs to avail the services of this mechanism. Fur
The National Stock Exchange (NSE) on Thursday warned investors regarding fraudulent activities perpetrated by an entity, Lazard Asset Management India. The cautionary statement came after the exchange received a complaint against a WhatsApp group named "JO HAMBRO" luring investors with offers to buy shares at discounted prices after market hours. This group has allegedly collected money from retail investors under the garb of "Seat Trading Account". In this group, the entity --Lazzard Asset Management India-- is misrepresenting itself as a registered stock broker with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) using a forged registration certificate, the exchange said. "We wish to clarify that no entity by the name of Lazzard Asset Management India is registered with Sebi as a stock broker. The forged Sebi registration certificate circulated in the WhatsApp group is entirely fabricated and illegitimate," NSE said in a statement. Accordingly, the bourse has cautioned ...