Ace shooter Saurabh Chaudhary opened India's medal account with a bronze in the men's 10m air pistol event on day one of the year's second ISSF World Cup Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun stage here on Tuesday. China's Hu Kai won gold with a score of 246.4, just 0.1 off the world record, while Brazil's Olympic medalist Felipe Almeida Wu won the silver. Saurabh, a gold medallist at the 2018 Asian Games and Youth Olympics, settled for bronze with 219.1, bowing out after the 22nd shot at the Las Palmas shooting range. Earlier, Saurabh and Varun Tomar had made the top-eight final cut, with the former finishing fifth with a score of 578 in the qualification, while the latter clinched the eighth spot with 576. Both the Indians also made a bright start to the final with Saurabh in second and Varun in third after the first five shots as a second Chinese, Xie Yu, took the early lead. However, the Indian duo found it hard to hit the 10-ring thereafter as Hu threatened to pull away after the first two ..
Houston police are looking for two suspects after six men were shot and wounded early Sunday at an after-hours nightclub. Four of the wounded are in critical condition, said Assistant Chief James Skelton during a news conference. He provided no information on the conditions of the two other victims. Dispatchers were called around 3 a.m. to the packed nightclub, which was still serving drinks after the city's bars are supposed to be closed, Skelton said. He said police are reviewing video and talking to witnesses, but the preliminary investigation suggests that the people involved knew each other. He described it as an isolated attack that illustrates the problems of after-hours clubs. Establishments like this, that harbor within our city, contribute to crime, Skelton said. So the Houston Police Department, we are targeting these locations, and we're going to shut them down because it harbors the DWIs and the assaults, and that's exactly what we saw here tonight. Officers are looki
Rohit Chawda was shot dead near Phool Mandi on National Highway-24 late Sunday night. Protesters accused the police of inaction and demanded the immediate arrest of those responsible
An Illinois man pleaded guilty Monday to killing seven people and injuring dozens more when he opened fire on a 2022 Independence Day parade in a Chicago suburb, a stunning development moments before opening statements in his trial on murder and attempted murder charges. Appearing in a Lake County circuit courtroom, Robert E. Crimo III, 24, withdrew his earlier not-guilty plea in the Highland Park shooting. Prosecutors initially charged him with 21 counts of first-degree murder three counts for each person killed as well as 48 counts of attempted murder. Prosecutors dropped 48 less serious counts of aggravated battery before jury selection last week. On Monday, Judge Victoria Rossetti read the charges to Crimo and asked questions to be sure he understood before accepting the plea. He was sitting next to his lawyers wearing a dark suit. Is that what you went over with your attorneys? Rossetti asked. Yes, Crimo replied. He gave mostly one-word answers to her follow-up questions.
A shooting at a US Air Force base in New Mexico early Saturday left one airman dead and another wounded, military officials said, adding that it was not an act of terrorism or an attack by an outsider. A statement from Kirtland Air Force Base in Albuquerque said security forces responded to a shooting near one of the entrances to the base at about 2 am. One airman died at the scene, and the other was taken to a hospital with a gunshot wound to a hand and later discharged, the statement said. An update in the afternoon said the shooting occurred following "an off-base pursuit". There was no threat to the public, it said. The Air Force released few other details and did not immediately say whether anyone was in custody. A spokesperson declined to say whether the shooter or shooters also were airmen. The names of the airmen who were shot were not immediately released. The Air Force Office of Special Investigations was leading the probe. FBI investigators were also at the scene being
One person has died and five others were wounded in a shooting Tuesday night at a cosmetics warehouse in Ohio, officials said. The victims have been transported to hospitals and the suspect is no longer believed to be at the building, said Josh Poland, a spokesperson for the city of New Albany. New Albany Police Chief Greg Jones described the shooting just before 11 pm as a targeted type of attack and said officials don't believe the suspect poses a general threat to the public. We have a person of interest and we're looking to locate them and bring them into custody," he said during a press conference. A firearm was found at the scene. The shooting happened at the warehouse for a company that makes products including cosmetics and toiletries. Police did not immediately provide a motive for the shooting or the conditions of those wounded. About 150 people were evacuated to a neighbouring building, according to Jones.
At least six people were injured in a shooting attack at a checkpoint in the Israeli-occupied West Bank early Tuesday morning, according to the Israeli military and area hospitals. The Israeli military said an attacker fired at soldiers at a checkpoint in the village of Tayasir, which is in the northern West Bank. In a tense exchange, soldiers returned fire and the attacker was killed, the military added. Israeli hospitals said they had received a total of six people injured in the shooting attack. Israeli media reported the injured are soldiers and at least two of them were critically injured. Hamas and the smaller Islamic Jihad militant group praised the attack but neither claimed responsibility for it. Israel has carried out an extensive operation in nearby Jenin over the past weeks to clamp down on what Israel said is militant activity in the city, as soldiers and armored bulldozers have caused widespread damage and destroyed scores of homes. Palestinian health officials have
A shooting attack on a bus carrying Israelis in the occupied West Bank has killed at least three people. Israel's Magen David Adom rescue service said at least six others were wounded in the attack on Monday. Violence has surged in the West Bank since Hamas' October 7, 2023 attack out of Gaza ignited the ongoing war there.
Several thousand people rallied in Montenegro on Sunday demanding the resignations of top security officials over the shooting earlier this week that left 12 people dead, including two children. Chanting Resignations and Killers," protesters outside the Interior Ministry building in the capital, Podgorica, demanded that Interior Minister Danilo aranovic and Deputy Prime Minister for Security and Defense Aleksa Becic step down. Milo Perovic, from a student-led group that helped organize the rally, told the crowd that innocent people died during their watch. You failed to protect us, so resign! Perovic said. Hours earlier, hundreds of people held 12 minutes of silence for the 12 victims at a rally in Cetinje, Montenegro's historic capital where the shooting took place on Wednesday. It was the second such massacre in the town in less than three years. Many residents of Cetinje and other Montenegrins believe that police mishandled the situation and haven't done enough to boost securit
Police have launched a manhunt for Martinovic and have blocked all roads in the area to apprehend the suspect
A homemade weapon found in connection with the shooting of UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson has raised significant concerns about the rising prevalence of 'ghost guns'
Investigators are searching for clues that could help them identify the masked gunman who stalked and killed the leader of one of the largest UShealth insurance companies on a Manhattan sidewalk, then disappeared into Central Park. UnitedHealthcare CEO Brian Thompson, 50, died in a dawn ambush Wednesday as he walked to the company's annual investor conference at a Hilton in Midtown, blocks from tourist draws like Radio City Music Hall and the Museum of Modern Art. The killing, and the shooter's movements in the minutes before and afterward, were captured on some of the multitudes of security cameras present in that part of the city. One video showed him approach Thompson from behind, level his pistol and fire several shots, barely pausing to clear a brief gun jam while the dying health executive tumbled to the pavement. Other security cameras captured the initial stages of the gunman's escape. He was seen fleeing the block across a pedestrian plaza, then escaping on a bicycle into
India will host the 2026 Asian Rifle/Pistol Cup, the national shooting federation announced on Wednesday, continuing its drive to bring big-ticket events to the country. The decision to give India the continental tournament was taken by the executive committee of the Asian Shooting Confederation (ASC). In a letter to National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) secretary general K. Sultan Singh from his counterpart at ASC, Eng. Duaij AlOtaibi, the host federation has been asked to inform the continental body of the proposed dates for the same. Reacting to the development, Sultan Singh said, "We are delighted to have been allotted yet another top international Shooting competition. We are extremely grateful to the executive committee of the ASC and assure them of putting our best foot forward as always." Also weighing in was NRAI president Kalikesh Narayan Singh Deo, who said, "It is yet another proof of the stature of Indian shooting in the international circuit and we are extremely
A court here on Monday remanded in police custody till November 19 alleged main shooter Shivkumar Gautam and four others arrested in NCP politician Baba Siddique's murder case. The UP special task force and the Mumbai Crime Branch on Sunday arrested alleged shooter Shivkumar (20) and four others from Nanpara in Uttar Pradesh's Bahraich district. The four other accused, Anurag Kashyap, Gyan Prakash Tripathi, Akash Srivastava and Akhilendra Pratap Singh, were arrested for sheltering Shivkumar and helping him flee to Nepal. The crime branch produced the accused before additional chief judicial magistrate Vinod Patil. Seeking their remand, police told court it wanted to probe the financial aspects of the case as well as how the shooter procured arms used in the crime. Accused Anurag Kashyap provided Shivkumar Rs 2 lakh and there was need to probe the source of this money, police told court. Shivkumar was in touch with wanted accused Shubham Lonkar and, therefore, his custody was ...
NCP leader Baba Siddique was shot on October 12. Key accused, Shivkumar, fled from Mumbai with plans to escape into Nepal, before being captured on Nov 10
A 17-year-old suspect in a shooting that killed two people and wounded seven others during a Halloween celebration that drew 75,000 revellers to the streets of downtown Orlando, Florida, last week has been charged as an adult, a prosecutor said Monday. Jaylen Edgar was charged as an adult with two second-degree murder charges and a count of attempted murder, though the case will be presented before a grand jury, which could decide to up the charges to first-degree murder, said State Attorney Andrew Bain. This decision was not made lightly, and only after reviewing all the available evidence, Bain said at a news conference in Orlando. Edgar is accused of opening fire during a Halloween street celebration that drew tens of thousands of costumed revellers to downtown Orlando's bar and restaurant district early Friday. Besides the two men who were killed, an additional seven people were wounded and a woman was trampled as people fled in terror, according to the Orlando Police ...
Canadian police have arrested a suspect in the shooting outside singer AP Dhillon's residence, while a manhunt is underway for a second suspect believed to be in India
Law enforcement officials found five people killed in a shooting inside a home southeast of Seattle on Monday morning and took a teenager into custody, police said. Multiple people called 911 around 5 am to report a shooting in Fall City, Washington, King County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Mike Mellis said at a media briefing Monday afternoon. Arriving deputies immediately took one teen into custody while another teenager who had been hurt was taken to a Seattle hospital, Mellis said. Both teens live at the house, Mellis said. Deputies entering the home found the bodies of five people, he said. Two were adults and three were described by Mellis as young teenagers. No names have yet been released. Once bodies were discovered, clearly we understand that this is a hugely significant crime scene, he said. The shooting appears to involve members of a family, Mellis said, but added that they didn't yet know how they were related. He also said there was no ongoing threat to the ...
Hockey is set to be axed from the 2026 Commonwealth Games as the host city of Glasgow looks to cut costs, several media reports here stated but both the the International Hockey Federation (FIH) and the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) remained tight-lipped on the matter. Hockey has featured in each CWG since making its debut in 1998, but according to reports here, the Glasgow Games organisers want to drop it from the schedule along with net ball and road racing to ensure a trimmed programme that would be easy on the budget. Two other major sports -- shooting and wrestling -- in which India has had medal hauls in the past editions are also set to be dropped from the 2026 Glasgow CWG roster, which will deal a big blow to the country's hopes. Commonwealth Games Scotland (CGS) had said in their proposal that all the competitions of the 2026 CWG would be held in venues within an eight-mile-radius. That will rule shooting out of the sports roster as the Barry Buddon centre in Dundee
India was on Sunday awarded the hosting rights of ISSF junior world Cup next year by the international shooting federation, with its president Luciano Rossi saying the sport's world governing body will back the country if it is interested in hosting more big-ticket tournaments in near future. Rossi is in the national capital to attend the season-ending World Cup Final of the International Shooting Sport Federation, in which the year's top performers compete against each other. "I would like to congratulate India for their stellar performance at the recently concluded Junior World Championship in Peru. I would also like to inform that we at ISSF will support India's application to host the Junior World Cup in 2025 and other future international events as and when we are approached by NRAI," Rossi told the media. "India continues to be a significant force in the world of shooting not only with its talented athletes but also through its commitment to expanding the sport's infrastructur