The dispute centres on an alliance agreement between Zee and Star India valued at $1.4 billion for the broadcasting rights for International Cricket Council (ICC) events
The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has allowed withdrawal of its order approving the merger of Zee Entertainment and Sony Pictures Networks India and recalled its earlier order passed in this regard. The Mumbai bench of the NCLT had last week recalled its order passed on August 10, 2023, in which it had approved the merger of Zee Entertainment with Sony Pictures Networks India. The bench observed the parties have "mutually consented" to withdraw the scheme on account of the settlement agreement and the board of directors has passed the resolutions to withdraw the scheme of amalgamation. "Accordingly, this Bench allows the withdrawal of the Scheme of Amalgamation and hereby recalls order dated 10.08.2023 in C.P.(CAA) No. 209 of 2022," said NCLT order, a copy of which was shared to bourses by Zee on Thursday. Zee, which applied for withdrawal, submitted the Composite Scheme of the Merger Cooperation Agreement executed to give effect to this scheme stands terminated and accordin
ICICI Bank stock has gained 31% in the last 9 months, while Zee has crashed 50% thus far in 2024. Both stocks could see a role reversal going ahead provided these levels are taken out, suggest charts.
Regulatory official calls allegations "malicious and opportunist"
Zee Sony merger settlement news: Any meaningful re-rating in Zee share price, analysts said, should happen in case ZEE finds a new partner or strategic investor
Under the settlement, the companies have mutually decided to withdraw all claims against each other in the ongoing arbitration at the Singapore International Arbitration Centre
Zee Entertainment in an exchange filing today said, both companies had agreed to withdraw all respective claims against each other, in the ongoing arbitration at the Singapore.
Zee Entertainment on Tuesday said the Securities Issue and Allotment Committee of the company has approved the allotment of foreign currency convertible bonds (FCCBs) worth USD 239 million to investors. In a regulatory filing, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited said it has considered and approved the allotment of FCCBs of up to USD 239 million (around Rs 2,000 crore) maturing in 10 years on a private placement basis to Resonance Opportunities Fund, St John's Wood Fund Ltd and Ebisu Global Opportunities Fund. On July 16, the board of Zee Entertainment Enterprise Ltd (ZEEL) approved the raising of funds through FCCBs with a coupon rate of 5 per cent of up to USD 239 million from investors - Resonance Opportunities Fund, St. John's Wood Fund Ltd and Ebisu Global Opportunities Fund. These FCCBs will not be listed on any of the stock exchanges, it had said. However, investors who choose to convert their bonds into shares will pay Rs 160.20 per share. "In case of conversion of all FC
Zee Entertainment Enterprise Ltd on Wednesday reported a consolidated net profit of Rs 118.10 crore for the first quarter ended June 30, 2024. The company had reported a net loss of Rs 53.42 crore in the April-June quarter a year ago, Zee Entertainment Enterprise Ltd (ZEEL) said in a regulatory filing. The total income of the company was up 7.56 per cent to Rs 2,149.52 crore during the quarter under review. It was at Rs 1,998.26 crore in the corresponding quarter. Total expenses of ZEEL was at Rs 1,941.12 crore, marginally up in the June quarter of FY25. Shares of Zee Entertainment Enterprise Ltd on Wednesday were trading at Rs 147.60 on BSE, up 1.72 per cent from the previous close.
Zee Entertainment Q1 earnings impact: The company's consolidated total income grew by 7.6 per cent YoY to Rs 2,149.52 cr in Q1FY25 from Rs 1,998.26 cr in Q1FY24.
The Nifty Media index has shed 15 per cent so far in 2024 and is the sole index trading below the 200-DMA on the NSE. Chart suggests better days are likely ahead.
The opening of the issuance of FCCBs is Tuesday, and the conversion price of Rs 160.20 per equity share includes an equity premium of Rs 159.20 a share
On June 3, ZEEL's the board had considered and given its in-principle approval for raising funds by up to Rs 2,000 crore.
Buzzing stocks to watch today, July 3: Avenue Supermarts, the DMart chain of stores' operator reported a provisional standalone revenue of Rs 13,712 crore for the June quarter, up 18 per cent Y-o-Y
ZEEL had filed the application following the termination of the merger agreement by Culver Max and Bangla Entertainment on January 22, citing a breach of the merger cooperation agreement
Chandra had filed an appeal against the order and summons by Sebi in the alleged fund diversion matter in Zee Entertainment Enterprises
At 6:37 AM, GIFT Nifty futures indicated a robust start, trading up 85 points at 23,653 compared to Nifty futures' previous close
Mukund Galgali, the head of Zee's commercial and strategic initiatives, has been with the group for 17 years. He will assume responsibilities as acting CFO from Wednesday
This announcement comes after Sony India terminated its merger agreement with Zee Entertainment worth $10 billion in January this year
Zee said it will use the funds to "enhance its strategic flexibility to pursue future growth opportunities in the evolving media landscape"