IBPS or Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will be conducting the Common Written Examination for recruitment of Specialist Officer (SO). IBPS is a recruitment body that provides recruitment services and solutions to various public sector banks, associates banks, Co.op banks, regional rural banks, government departments, LIC, Insurance companies and more. Some of the banking examinations conducted by IBPS are biggest in India and the world in terms of number of candidates appearing for the same. IBPS has issued notification for recruitment of IT Officer (Scale - I), Agricultural Field Officer (Scale - I), Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale - I), Law Officer (Scale - I), HR Officer (Scale - I) and Marketing Officer (Scale - I). The examination is conducted in two phases, the first being Prelims and candidates successful in the preliminary exam that attempt the main examination.
IBPS CWE Specialist Officer (SO) 2017-18 Available Posts
|IT Officer (Scale - I)|
|Agricultural Field Officer (Scale - I)|
|Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale - I)|
|Law Officer (Scale - I)|
|HR Officer (Scale - I)|
|Marketing Officer (Scale - I)|
IBPS CWE SO 2017-18 Important Dates
|Online Registration Start Date||1st November 2017|
|Last Date for Online Registration||2nd December 2017|
|Online Application Fee Payment Window||16th November - 2nd December 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||10th December 2017 Onwards|
|Preliminary Examination||30th and 31st December 2017|
|Main Examination||28th January 2018|
|Result Announcement||16th February 2018|
IBPS CWE SO 2017-18 Eligibility Criteria
- I.T Officer (Scale I) - Candidates should be an Engineering degree holder in Computer science/Information Technology/electronics and telecommunication/computer application.
- Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I) - Candidates must have a degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/ Dairy Science/Agro-Forestry.
- Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I) - Candidate should have completed PG in Hindi with English as a subject till degree college. Alternatively he should have completed PG with Sanskrit with Hindi and English as a subject till Degree College.
- Law Officer (Scale I) - Candidates must have a Bachelor Degree in Law. They also should be enrolled as an advocate with the Bar Council.
- HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I) - Candidate should have completed PG degree. Candidates with PGDMA in HR/ Personnel Management / Industrial Relations can also apply.
- Marketing Officer (Scale I) - Candidates must have completed their MBA /PGDBA with specialization in Marketing.
Aspiring candidates must have completed the minimum age limit is 20 years and also shouldn’t be over the maximum age limit of 30 years.
IBPS CWE SO 2017-18 Selection Procedure:
The selection process basically involves three phases or stages:
Phase I: Preliminary Examination
Phase II: Main Examination
Phase III: Personal interview and group discussion.
IBPS CWE SO 2017-18 Preliminary Exam Paper Pattern
The Preliminary Exam is divided in to 3 parts. Candidates are required to answer 100 questions, each question carries 1 mark. The total time duration is 60 minutes. Part I and III consist of 35 questions each and cover reasoning and aptitude as topics respectively. Part II consists of 30 questions and cover general English as topic.
IBPS CWE SO 2017-18 Step by Step Application Procedure
- Candidates need to register themselves on the official IBPS website - www.ibps.in
- Fill the necessary details and provide your Email ID and mobile number, a registration number and password will be generated
- Browse to the required notification and fill the online application form by providing all the required details
- Upload the scanned copy of photograph and signature
- Submit and Pay the examination fee online
- You can also take print out of application form for future reference
|General Category/OBC||Rs. 600/-|
The payment can be done both online and offline. Candidates can pay using Credit/Debit Cards, NEFT online. Alternatively candidates can also make the payment through a DD.
Reference Book Materials For IBPS Exam
One of the best ways to prepare for the IBPS exam subjects like General Awareness is to refer the Business Standard General Awareness for IBPS & Bank PO book. The book contains more than 3000 relevant questions that candidates can learn and practise upon. The questions include latest topics such as GST, Budget 2017, Demonetisation and the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code and much more. Please find further details on this link.
For various IBPS examinations the General Awareness has varied number of questions and marks. You will find the details below:
|IBPS Examination (General Knowledge Section)||No. Of Questions and Marks|
|IBPS PO Examination||40|
|IBPS Clerk Examination||40|
|IBPS SO Examination||50|
|IBPS RRB Examination (Officer and Assistant)||40|
In the IBPS examination candidates can expect the General Knowledge section to consist of question from: Indian constitution, awards, sports, important world events, economic development, legal/financial/agricultural issues, history and geography, about organizations and more.
Similarly from the Current Affair section one can expect question related to recent happenings from: The world of international affairs, sports, politics, science and technology, government schemes and much more.
Finally the question from the Banking and Finance Sector may include questions about: Role/types/functions/history of Banks, anything and everything related to banking regulations and RBI, Capital markets, fiscal policies, inflation, money markets, public finance and much more.
Quick Online Reference:
Other than the Business Standard General Awareness for IBPS, another alternative method to prepare for the IBPS examination is to sign up for Business Standard Learning solution - IBPS and Bank PO examination special online. The module consist of 3000+ questions on General Awareness, Banking and Economy covering topics such as Agriculture, Awards & Honours, Banking, Books & Authors, Budget, Business & Economy, International Developments, Politics & Government, Science & Technology, Sports and more.