The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance, 2017 recently empowered RBI to issue directions to banks for resolution of stressed assets. After this, RBI issued a Press Release dated June 13, 2017 explaining the process it is following to direct banks to refer certain accounts for resolution under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016 (IBC). Essar Steel has challenged this process before the Gujarat High Court.
A single judge of the Gujarat High Court
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.