You are here: Home » Current Affairs » News » National
Business Standard

Home Ministry receives LG's report on chief secretary's 'assault'

The ministry is also looking into the working relations between bureaucrats and the political executive of the Delhi government

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

Anil Baijal

The today received a report from on the alleged assault on the city's chief secretary, and it is under examination, an said.

"The report from the has been received and it is under examination. Criminal aspects of the case are being taken care of by the Police, while the is looking into administrative issues like misbehaviour with a government servant," the said.

The ministry is also looking into the working relations between bureaucrats and the of the government.

"There are certain issues in the case which are being investigated and inquired into by the Delhi Police," the said.

Referring to the statement of Rajnath Singh, the official said "justice will be done" to all concerned.

Without divulging the contents of the report, the official said one of the accused MLA has been arrested, while another has surrendered before the police.

Yesterday, a delegation of IAS, DANICS and of met the home minister, who said civil servants should be allowed to work with dignity and without fear.

The delegation met the after Delhi was allegedly manhandled by a few MLAs at Arvind Kejriwal's residence, which the team of bureaucrats termed as a "pre-planned and pre-meditated" attack.

"I am deeply pained by the happenings involving the of the The civil servants should be allowed to work with dignity and without fear. Justice will be done," Singh had said.

The home ministry yesterday sought a report on the incident from the of Delhi.

The incident occurred Monday night in presence of Kejriwal and Deputy , a senior official alleged.

Prakash was called by Kejriwal regarding the issue of advertisements, which were not being released, the official said.

However, the (AAP) claimed he had been called for a discussion on ration distribution.

"The allegation of assault is totally bizarre and baseless," a of the chief minister's office said.

First Published: Wed, February 21 2018. 16:57 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU