FIFA said on Tuesday that it was postponing the second round of ticket sales for next year's World Cup to comply with a process-monitoring request by Brazilian authorities.
According to Sport24, results of this draw for applicants for the over 6.2 million tickets requested in the first round will now be known only on November 10 and not November 4 as previously agreed.
Therefore, FIFA decided to put off the start of the next sales period from November 5 to November 11, the report said.
FIFA's Director of Marketing said that they could not risk any fan not being aware of his/her success before they put the remaining tickets on the market, adding that their priority was to ensure that every applicant has an equal chance of success.
The electronic lottery will take place in the English city of Manchester in the presence of Brazilian government officials and a public notary, the report added.
A total of about one million tickets are available in the two sales periods of the first sales round, the report further said.
Once the lottery has been completed, FIFA will announce how many of the one million tickets remain available for sale in the second round, according to the report.
In total, FIFA will make available for sale 3.72million tickets for the World Cup, which will be played in 12 Brazilian cities from next June 12 to July 13, the report mentioned.