The Delhi Court on Thursday continued the stay on felling of trees in South Delhi as a part of a redevelopment plan until further order.
The court also sought a complete record from the Centre to get environment clearance in the connection.
The Court said the redevelopment project will lead to rise in traffic problem and increase pollution in the national capital.
The Court added that the project was cleared without thinking.
Meanwhile, the public sector construction firm National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC) apprised the court that the residential project was a decision of the central government which was sanctioned in accordance with the master plan.
Retorting to that, the court said, "There must be a green master plan."
Earlier on Tuesday, Minister of State (MoS) for Environment Mahesh Sharma wrote to Rajya Sabha that environmental clearance for the redevelopment of the South Delhi colonies depends on the various environmental regulations.
The court will hear the matter further on August 16.
Earlier the National Green Tribunal (NGT) had said that no trees will be cut till July 19.
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) had directed the National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC) and Central Public Works Department (CPWD) to maintain the status quo. The two agencies were told not to cut trees for the redevelopment work of seven south Delhi colonies until further orders.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)