You are here: Home » News-ANI » National
Business Standard

We still mourn the loss: Ayodhya case petitioner on Babri demolition

ANI  |  Ayodhya (Uttar Pradesh) [India] 

"It has been 26 years now and we still mourn the loss," lamented on on Thursday. Mehboob is one of the key petitioners in the dispute case pending before the apex court.

He also demanded that the verdict in the title suit must be delivered at the earliest.

"Fortunately, the administration is very strict this year and large number of force is deployed. There is complete peace in We always do a program on this day and will do this year as well. We mourn this day and pray to the lord for giving us the opportunity to reconstruct the mosque that has been demolished," Mehboob told ANI.

He also demanded a speedy resolution of the matter, while adding that the verdict of the will be accepted with utmost respect.

"We want that the Ayodhya case must be heard on a day to day basis. I am against Sibal's plea that the date of this hearing be postponed for after the elections. The decision on the issue must come at the earliest, irrespective of the outcome," Mehboob opined.

Echoing similar sentiments, Khalid Rashid Firangi Mahali, member of All (AIMPLB) also said that the is a matter of concern for the country and it would be better if the verdict is pronounced at the earliest.

"We were really hurt by the way in which historical was demolished on December 6, 1992. Despite all legal restrictions and assurances, the incident occurred. We have been demanding since long that criminal case pending in this regard must be concluded at the earliest. The people accused of demolishing the mosque must be punished. A case is also pending the apex court concerning the title suit for the ownership of land and the decision must be taken after investigating all aspects," said the Muslim

The AIMPLB member also added that they have appealed to the Muslim community to maintain peace and communal harmony at all costs.

The Babri Masjid, built by Mughal in 1578 in Ayodhya, was on December 6, 1992, pulled down allegedly by a group of Hindu activists, claiming that the mosque was constructed after demolishing a Ram Temple. Since then several hearings have been held in the top court to resolve the issue.

The in October adjourned the Ayodhya title suit till January 2019 to fix the date of hearing in the matter.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Thu, December 06 2018. 13:20 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU