It struck me as very interesting (and somewhat intriguing) that almost every alternate commercial on the current Indian Premier League (IPL) broadcast has a statutory warning tagged to it. Every real-money gaming app, every fantasy league, every financial products brand, every payment gateway — each hi-decibel offering on the cricket league seems to carry cautionary supers and near-mechanical, ominous sounding monotone voice-overs warning viewers on potential pitfalls related to the usage of the very products being advertised.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Fri, April 16 2021. 23:36 IST