Growing Number of Customers Worldwide Transform Performance, Reliability and Scalability of Packaged and Custom OLTP and Data Warehousing Applications.
- More than 1,000 Oracle Exadata Database Machines are installed at customer sites globally, Oracle today announced.
- Customers have implemented Oracle Exadata Database Machines in 67 countries across 23 industries to power demanding database applications.
- The pre-engineered, pre-tested Oracle Exadata systems are helping customers address their IT and business challenges head-on by achieving:
* Extreme performance of packaged and custom OLTP applications through the use of Oracle Exadata Smart Flash Cache;
* Extreme data warehousing performance through offloading intensive query processing to scalable intelligent storage servers using Oracle Exadata Smart Scan;
* 10x to 15x storage savings by reducing the size of tables or databases using Oracle Exadata Hybrid Columnar Compression;
* Substantial cost savings by consolidating workloads and servers onto a single Oracle Exadata Machine;
* Simplified database administration and performance tuning; and
* Faster time to market for new database applications and services.
- Oracle Exadata is the only engineered system that supports enterprise OLTP business applications such as Oracle E-Buisness Suite, Oracle’s Siebel CRM, and Oracle’s PeopleSoft Enterprise Applications.
- Featuring Oracle Database 11g, Oracle Real Application Clusters and Oracle Exadata Storage Server Software, Oracle Exadata provides the software, servers, storage and networking for all database requirements.
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine is available in four configurations: the Oracle Exadata X2-2 quarter-rack, half-rack and full-rack, and the Oracle Exadata X2-8 full-rack systems.
- “Customers are turning to Oracle Exadata for a multitude of reasons,” said Andrew Mendelsohn, senior vice president, Database Server Technologies, Oracle. “Extreme performance, consolidation, cost savings, enhanced scalability, single vendor support are amongst the broad range of factors that play a part in the selection of Oracle Exadata. Beyond the numbers, Oracle Exadata plays a vital role in helping customers transform their businesses through improved decision-making via real-time intelligence, speeding new products and services to market, and identifying new revenue opportunities through complex analysis.”
- About Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- About Oracle Database 11g
- Learn More About Oracle Exadata Customers
- Connect with Oracle Database via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
About Oracle Exadata
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine is the only database machine that provides extreme performance for both data warehousing and online transaction processing (OLTP) applications, making it the ideal platform for consolidating onto grids or private clouds. It is a complete package of servers, storage, networking, and software that is massively scalable, secure, and redundant. With Oracle Exadata Database Machine, customers can reduce IT costs through consolidation, manage more data on multiple compression tiers, improve performance of all applications, and make better business decisions in real time.
Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL) is the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems company. For more information about Oracle, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.