A total of 33 soldiers have been killed in Siachen, the world's highest battlefield, since 2012, the government said today.
In a written reply to Lok Sabha, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said that 12 fatal casualties were suffered in 2012, which decreased to 10 in 2013.
Last year, there were six fatal casualties and this year, till July 24, 5 fatal casualties have been reported.
He added that the government's principled and consistent position on the issue of Jammu and kashmir is that the entire state is an integral part of India.
"A a part of the territory of the state is under illegal occupation of Pakistan. India is committed to discussing all outstanding issues with Pakistan through a peaceful bilateral dialogue," he said.