In the latest such incident, 34 shops housed in a market shed were gutted on Monday night at Gandhi Chowk, Pasighat, causing huge loss to vegetable and grocery vendors, officials said.
The CM has sought a detailed report on it from the district administration, and directed officials to assess the damage and provide relief to the victims.
"Almost all fire accidents are man made and can be prevented with a sense of responsibility," he said.
Khandu emphasised on extra vigil during the winter season, as most homesteads light bonfires and use fire for cooking.
"We cannot douse a blazing fire without incurring huge loses, but we can sure douse a spark or prevent a kindle from spreading and save ourselves and our neighbours. With common sense and responsibility, we can use fire to our advantage, not for self-destruction. I fervently appeal to all to not neglect a spark," he said.
Meanwhile, Khandu also inaugurated the headquarters of Chubam circle in Longding district and said his government has introduced the staff selection board to ensure fair recruitment in government jobs, an official release said.
The chief minister assured that manpower shortage in the newly-created circle headquarters would be addressed soon.
Khandu said he would sanction funds for construction of a road along the Tissing and Tissa river bank this year, according to the release.
He said the road when completed would boost economic activities in the circle, which is the largest producer of betel nut in the district, along with high-quality production of agriculture and horticulture crops.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)