Three labourers died allegedly after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning a septic tank of a housing society at Nalasopara in the district early Friday, police said.
The incident took place in Anand View Apartments in Nilemore locality around 1 am, police said.
"The three labourers, who were in the age group of 25 to 35, went into the septic tank to clean it. However, they died inside possibly due to inhalation of toxic gases," spokesperson of Palghar police Hemant Katkar said.
Their bodies were pulled out by the fire brigade personnel and a team of disaster management cell. They were sent for post-mortem, he added.
"Eight persons have been booked on the charge of negligence," Katkar said.
An offence was registered against them under IPC section 304A (causing death by negligence), police said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)