You are here: Home » Current Affairs » News » National
Business Standard

Man ill after eating from Burger King, FIR says 'felt sauce pouch in mouth'

The police registered a case and arrested the shift manager of the outlet. He was later granted bail

Agencies  |  New Delhi 

Burger King
The logo of Burger King. Photo: Reuters

A man was hospitalised with a throat injury caused by a piece of plastic in a burger he ate at an outlet of a popular US fast-chain at the Rajiv Metro Station in central

bought a cheese veggie burger from an outlet of at the metro station on Sunday. When he was relishing it, he felt something rigid in the mouth.

After some time, he started feeling nauseous, Kumar said in his complaint to the police.
 

 
He informed the and subsequently, the police. Kumar was taken to the for a medical examination, the police said.

A piece of plastic was found in the burger that caused an injury to his pharynx. Kumar was later discharged, they added.

The police registered a case and arrested the of the outlet. He was later granted bail.

First Published: Wed, May 16 2018. 09:30 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU