The Strategist Quiz (#253)
- What name is given to a new type of company/corporation which uses the power of business to solve social and environmental problems?
- Which company’s new baseline is Go Further?
- In this era where social networks are beginning to dominate the internet space, what have been named after actresses Aishwarya Rai, Dia Mirza, Celina Jaitley and Bipasha Basu?
- In 1916, when this brand started its creators wanted to use the line “the first ‘feel-like-everyday’s-a-Saturday’ shoe”. Since it was too long for a tag, they called it Champion. Name the brand and give the two words that are its contribution to the footwear industry and are used generically.
- This symbol was first incorporated on at least one 1889 model of the Underwood typewriter and subsequently from 1905 all its successful typewriters carried it. In 1971 this person made a breakthrough invention and said to his colleague “Don’t tell anyone! This isn’t what we’re supposed to be working on”. Name the person, his invention and the symbol.
- The advertisements of which brand in the mid 2000s featured Manoj Night Shyamalan, Tiger Woods, Kate Winslet, Robert De Niro, Venus Williams and Beyonce Knowles?
- The family member of which famous business group published a book of essays titled “Buried Stories”?
- Despite this iconic brand’s founder passing away way back in 1888, the company has opened a twitter account in his name which has more than 79,000 followers. Name the twitter account and the brand.
- What is common to the sale of the library of a British politician Sir John Stanley and the sale of the library Napoleon took with him into exile on St Helena?
- Identify the company from its logo.
Ten all-correct entries will receive a copy of Geoff Burch’s Go It Alone published by Wiley India (books courtesy: Wiley India). One lucky winner will also receive a cheque for Rs 2,000. Send your entries to email@example.com. All entries must carry the postal address of the contestant. Last date for receiving entries: May 15, till 8 pm. Previous winners, employees of Business Standard and Wiley India and their families are not eligible to participate.