The Strategist Quiz (#263)
- In the early 1900s bankers chose this person to run a failing New York based meat packing company. This company through an earlier subsidiary used animal by-products from its slaughter houses and started out making tennis racket strings, violin strings, and surgical sutures. Identify the company and the person after whom it is named.
- In the telecom industry what are Cows and Colts?
- What was the resultant after the US treasury secretary Tim Geithner saw people using their phones to make remittances in India and deputy secretary of treasury, Neal Wolin saw mobile banking in action in the Philippines?
- Who is building retail malls in the country under the Trillenium brand?
- In the world of business what is known as the first Supper?
- Name the designer clothing brand that has tied up with builders in India to brand high-end apartments?
- Which company’s marketing philosophy was founded on these three principles — empathy, focus and impute?
- At which company’s headquarters will you find outdoor sculpture that includes work from major modern sculptors like Auguste Rodin, Henry Moore, Alexander Calder and Alberto Giacometti?
- For which brand did Jayaprada, Sridevi, Ravi Shastri, Vivian Richards, Allan Border and Kabir Bedi feature in its advertisements?
- Identify the mythological beast from the image and name the company that has adopted it as its official emblem. It is also found on the packaging of most of its consumer non-durable products.
One lucky winner will receive a cheque for Rs 2,000. Send your entries to email@example.com. All entries must carry the postal address of the contestant. Last date for receiving entries: July 24, till 8 pm. Previous winners, employees of Business Standard and Wiley India and their families are not eligible to participate.