Leading tyre maker JK Tyre has become the first Indian company to roll out 10 million truck/bus radial tyres.
The 10 million tyre on Monday was rolled out from the company's Vikrant facility in Mysore. This plant was acquired by the company in the late 1990s and JK Tyre invested Rs 1,200 crore in the plant to modernise and expand operations.
JK is the largest player in the domestic truck and bus radial tyre segment.
"Starting in 1977, when we set up our first tyre plant in Rajasthan with 5 lakh per annum capacity, we have come a long way and today JK Tyre has grown multifold," JK Tyre CMD Raghupati Singhania said in a statement.
The company recently entered the fast growing two and three wheeler tyre segment with the acquisition of a tyre unit from Kesoram Industries for Rs 2,200 crore.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.