The projects which got clearance on July 30 were the Dholera investment region in Gujarat; Manesar-Bawal investment region in Haryana; and Khuskhera-Bhiwadi-Neemrana investment region in Rajasthan.
The ministry’s statutory appraisal panel finalised the terms of reference for the construction of the Dighi Port industrial area in Maharashtra and the development of the Pithampur-Dhar-Mhow investment region in Madhya Pradesh. All these are on the dedicated freight corridor (DFC), part of DMIC, which aims to develop industrial zones between Delhi and Mumbai covering 1,483 kilometres through six states.
The Dholera investment region plans to build electronics, pharmaceuticals, automobile general manufacturing, agro and food processing and tourism sectors. The Manesar-Bawal region will take up projects related to engineering, technology, future technology, consumer products and service sectors. The Khushkhera-Bhiwadi-Neemrana investment region will deal with metal products, consumer-oriented sectors.
Projects which got environment clearance
- Dholera special investment region in Gujarat
- Manesar-Bawal investment region in Haryana
- Khushkhera-Bhiwadi-Neemrana investment region in Rajastha
- Construction of Dighi port industrial area in Maharashtra
- Development of Pithampur-Dhar-Mhow investment region in Madhya Pradesh