The doctor, who conducted the postmortem of the seven-year-old student of Ryan International School, Gurugram, on Tuesday said that there are no signs of sexual assault on his body
"Prima facie shows that there are no signs of sexual assault found on his body," told Dr. Deepak Mathur to ANI.
Mathur informed that almost the entire neck of the student was slit, stating that he might have died in the school itself considering the kind of injuries.
The doctor further apprised that all samples have been taken from the crime scene.
"The sample of hair, clothes etc have been sent for forensic analysis and the report is awaited," he said.
"We can only estimate the approximate timings of death and as per postmortem the timing of death is about 8:00 in the morning." he added.
Gurugram police commissioner Sandeep Khirwar said, "We are examining witnesses and have collected forensic evidence also in regards to the matter," adding, "We have good evidence to investigate the case."
The locals held candle March demanding justice for the deceased kid in the Ryan school tragedy and over safety of other school students.
One of the students of Ryan International School said, "I feel scared going to school, my parents also don't want me to go to school."
Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, on that note, on Tuesday appealed everyone to not create an atmosphere of fear, so that the children can go to school carefree.
Earlier in the day, Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP) Sohna Road, Birem Singh confirmed that the bus-conductor, Ashok, is the only one involved in the murder of the seven-year-old student at Ryan International School.
Talking to Media here, Singh said, "Only Ashok (bus-conductor) has murdered Pradyuman, no other person is involved. The act of negligence by the school is separate. Two others are also being questioned for the same. Questioning the bus-conductor is complete and the remand has ended."
"He told us whatever we needed to know and we are satisfied with the information in hand," added ACP Birem Singh.
The ACP further apprised, "In questioning, two children disclosed he (accused bus-conductor) was present in the toilet before the incident."
He further assured that he will try his best to file the charge sheet in the court by Saturday, in regard to the matter.
Amid the raging protests over the killing of a seven-year-old student, the state government also issued an order, stating that all campuses of the afore-mentioned school will be closed till September 12.
Meanwhile, in a move to tackle protests, an additional security has been deployed across all campuses of the school.
A complaint was also filed on Monday against the Vasant Kunj branch of the Ryan International School, citing several security lapses.
The parents, whose children are studying in the Vasant Kunj branch of the Ryan International School, filed a first information report in the Vasant Kunj Police Station in this regard.
The parents mentioned several drawbacks in their complaint.
In the FIR, it was mentioned that the CCTV cameras were dysfunctional and that the hygiene of children was being compromised.
A Special Investigation Team (SIT), constituted to look into the murder case of the seven-year-old Gurugram student, pointed out serious security lapses in the school.
The SIT averred that the school did not have any separate toilet for staffs like drivers and conductors, while adding that the administration even did not get their employees identification verified.
The report by the investigative team also highlighted that the CCTV cameras of the school were neither working properly, nor installed everywhere. Also, the fire extinguishers expired. It was also revealed that the school establishment had broken boundary walls.
The report further said that there were no separate toilets for conductors and drivers and the wall behind the school remained unfinished, which easily allowed anyone to enter the school premises without permission.
The report also added that a proper police verification of employees, working at Ryan International School, was not done by the school authorities.
The school's bus conductor was nabbed on Friday after the body of seven-year-old student was found inside the toilet of the high-profile school, with his throat slit, following which the school's principal was suspended.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)