Zidane could take training as early as Tuesday and be in charge for Madrid's La Liga game at home to Celta Vigo on Saturday.
Zidane won that tournament in each of his three seasons in charge at the Santiago Bernabeu, as well as La Liga in 2016-17, while enjoying a strong relationship with the majority of the players.
Gareth Bale was one of the few not to see eye-to-eye with the Frenchman and Bale's future will become even more uncertain, should Zidane's appointment be confirmed.
Sergio Ramos had said earlier on Monday he accepts blame for the club's "deeply disappointing" season but insists the players have no say on the coaching situation.
"As footballers we like to do our talking on the pitch but this season is not turning out that way," Ramos wrote.
"Recent events have been disastrous and I'm not hiding. We are not hiding. We the players are primarily responsible and I, as captain, more than anyone." On Solari's position, Ramos said: "It's a decision that's not ours to make and in which we never interfere. We have enormous respect for the position and we always support the Real Madrid coach.
"These reflections are, without doubt, the result of a deeply disappointing season but if success didn't stop us, we're not going to let defeat stop us. It's our obligation to carry on, to work and to evolve.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)