REUTERS - India will meet a "challenging" fiscal deficit target of 4.1 percent of its gross domestic product (GDP) in the year to March 31, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said on Saturday, when presenting the government's full-year budget.Here are the highlights of Jaitley's budget for the fiscal year that begins on April 1.FISCAL DEFICIT* Fiscal deficit seen at 3.9 pct of GDP in 2015/16* Will meet the challenging fiscal target of 4.1 pct of GDP* Remain committed to meeting medium term fiscal deficit target of 3 pct of GDP* Current account deficit below 1.3 percent of GDP* Jaitley says have to ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2020 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard