Indian cricket team will play its first international series in times of the Covid-19 pandemic, when Virat Kohli-led side takes on Australia in the 3-match One Day International (ODI) series at Sydney Cricket Ground, starting November 27. The success of the Indian Premier League (IPL 2020) and England hosting Ireland, West Indies, Pakistan and Australia for bilateral showed that cricket can be played in a bio-secure environment. The 30-member Indian contingent landed in Sydney on November 12 after the completion of IPL 2020.
Why Kohli will miss Rohit in ODIs, T20Is
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Thu, November 19 2020. 14:45 IST