- TDP condemns Andhra govt's decision to downgrade security cover of Naidu
- Ahead of Karnataka Cabinet expansion, suspense over ministerial berths
- Won't inform Kiran Bedi in advance about anti-CAA resolution: Puducherry CM
- BJP announces alliance with Pawan Kalyan-led Jana Sena in Andhra Pradesh
- Stalin-led DMK boycotts governor's assembly address over citizenship law
- A tumultuous 2019 for Andhra sees rise of Jaganmohan, fall of Chandrababu
- Year in review: Lotus blooms in Karnataka again within a year of withering
- Despite a few setbacks in 2019, the Lotus bloomed again in Karnataka
- Tamil Nadu CM says CAA not against citizens as DMK holds protest rally
- Karnataka's long-delayed cabinet expansion likely next month: Yediyurappa
Political News South
February 18, 2020, Tuesday
Naidu had escaped assassination attempt by Maoists in Tirupati in 2003 when he was the chief minister of undivided Andhra
February 05, 2020, Wednesday
Yediyurappa said on Sunday, '10 plus three' will take oath on February 6, apparently referring to the induction of only 10 out of ...
February 03, 2020, Monday
Congress-ruled Puducherry would be the fifth dispensation to adopt the course after West Bengal, Kerala, Punjab and Rajasthan ...
January 16, 2020, Thursday
BJP state in charge Sunil Deodhar stressed that there was no question of any realignment with the TDP.
January 06, 2020, Monday
Both Ansari and the lone IUML MLA Abu Backer came to the House clad in black
January 01, 2020, Wednesday
For the two national parties, BJP and Congress, the AP elections were only a nightmare as they drew a blank
December 30, 2019, Monday
Stalwarts like Deve Gowda, veteran Congress leaders like Kharge, K H Muniyappa and Veerappa Moily tasted defeat
December 30, 2019, Monday
The year that began with a campaign blitz for the Lok Sabha polls that saw a saffron sweep eventually ended on a rather ...
December 23, 2019, Monday
Palaniswami says rumours that Act is anti-Muslim are totally wrong; reiterates call for dual citizenship to Sri Lankan Tamils; ...
December 22, 2019, Sunday
Asked whether the news of the cabinet expansion would come in Sankranti, he said "maybe by that time."
December 21, 2019, Saturday
Two people were killed in police firing in Mangaluru on Thursday as the protest against the Citizenship Amendment Act turned ...
December 18, 2019, Wednesday
n the pat six months, chief minister Reddy took a number of decisions having a populist appeal while not so much worrying about ...
December 17, 2019, Tuesday
Demonstrations were also taken out by the hartal supporters in many places.
December 14, 2019, Saturday
The position has been vacant since Tamilisai Soundararajan was appointed governor of Telangana in September
December 08, 2019, Sunday
After Palaniswami took over as chief minister in February 2017, cumulative foreign direct investment (FDI) rose by Rs 46,427 ...
December 04, 2019, Wednesday
Including the Chief Minister, currently there are 18 ministers in the cabinet, whose sanctioned strength is 34.
December 01, 2019, Sunday
Kamal Haasan and Rajinikanth may join hands. Will they succeed? T E Narasimhan finds out
November 14, 2019, Thursday
The BJP is yet to announce its candidates for the remaining two assembly seats where bypolls will be held in December
November 09, 2019, Saturday
The top court's ruling should be respected the way the national flag is honoured, the State unit Congress chief said.
October 24, 2019, Thursday
The AIADMK candidate Reddiyarpatti V Narayanan who was leading from Nanguneri segment by a slender margin of 1,800 votes