The water supply will be available at low pressure due to high level of pollutants being received in Yamuna river at Wazirabad pond, the Delhi Jal Board on Monday said. Issuing a notification on social media platform 'X', the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) said, "Due to high level of pollutants (Ammonia more than 2.5 ppm) being received in River Yamuna at Wazirabad pond, water supply will be available at low pressure till the situation improves. Residents are advised to store sufficient quantity of water in advance as per requirement. Water tanker will be available on request." Shortage in water supply, mud accumulation in water buckets and sewage smells in water are some of the problems that the Resident Welfare Associations in North, South and Central Delhi have raised. The RWA presidents have alleged that despite making several complaints in the past, no action has been taken by the Delhi Jal Board to resolve the issue. North Delhi RWA president Ashok Bhasin claimed that the frequency of
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Monday said the Delhi governance model is showing direction to the entire country in terms of education, health and electricity. Kejriwal was highlighting the achievements of his government in Delhi in the three sectors during an address in the Assembly. Before he began, the chief minister asked the members to salute senior Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Manish Sisodia, who was arrested the same day last year by the CBI in connection with the Delhi excise policy case. "The AAP government has undertaken so much work in Delhi that was not done in the last 75 years. Today, the 'Delhi model' is showing direction to the entire country. I will talk about three sectors -- health, education and electricity," he said. Kejriwal said almost four to five lakh students in Delhi have left private schools and sought admissions to government ones. "If we can provide good education to poor children in Delhi, it can also be done in the country. Why are government sch
A 'dastarbandi (investiture)' ceremony during which Jama Masjid's incumbent Shahi Imam Syed Ahmed Bukhari will declare his son "as his successor" is currently underway in the courtyard of the grand mosque. The ceremony at the Mughal-era mosque built by Emperor Shah Jahan in the 17th century is expected to last more than an hour. Several 'ulemas (Islamic scholars)' are attending the ceremony for which the mosque -- a veritable symbol of old Delhi or Shahjehanabad and a celebrated landmark -- has been decked up. Some congratulatory posters bearing images of the Shahi Imam and his son have been put up along the street running in front of the mosque, whose architecture draws awe from both locals and foreign tourists. The ceremony involves tying a 'dastarbandi (turban)' on the head, according to the old 'riwaz (tradition)' associated with the investiture, the official said. Syed Shaban Bukhari (29) was anointed as the mosque's Naib Imam in a 'dastarbandi' ceremony in November 2014, the
Farmers participating in the 'Delhi Chalo' call will not end their agitation until their demands are met, farmer leader Sarwan Singh Pandher said on Saturday while indicating that their stir may continue even after the model code of conduct for the Lok Sabha polls comes into force. Thousands of farmers have been staying put at Khanauri and Shambhu points on Punjab's border with Haryana along with their tractor-trolleys and trucks after their march to the national capital to press the Centre for various demands, including a legal guarantee of minimum support price (MSP) for crops, was stopped by security forces. Last Wednesday, the 'Delhi Chalo' march, spearheaded by the Samyukta Kisan Morcha (Non-Political) and Kisan Mazdoor Morcha (KMM), was put on hold by farmer leaders for two days after a protester was killed and around 12 police personnel were injured in clashes at Khanauri. The incident took place when some protesting farmers were trying to head towards barricades. Speaking to
Authorities here initiated the process of partially reopening Singhu and Tikri borders with Haryana on Saturday, almost two weeks after they were sealed in view of farmers' 'Delhi Chalo' march, officials said. A Delhi Police officer said one lane of the service lane at the Singhu border and one lane at the Tikri border are being opened to allow movement of vehicles. The opening of Singhu and Tikri borders will bring relief to those travelling from Delhi to Haryana. The two borders were sealed on February 13 as protesting farmers from Punjab began their 'Delhi Chalo' march to press their demands, including minimum support price (MSP) for crops and a farm loan waiver. Thousands of farmers have been camping on the Punjab-Haryana border near Ambala, about 200 kilometres from Delhi, after their march was thwarted by security personnel.
The BJP's Delhi unit on Saturday demanded that the MCD should give a compensate of Rs 1 crore to the family of the man who has died in a stray cattle attack here. At a press conference held at party's Delhi unit headquarters, Leader of House in AAP-led municipal House Raja Iqbal Singh said if such incidents occur again, the BJP will protest against Mayor Shelly Oberoi and the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD). He demanded that the affected family be given a financial assistance of Rs 1 crore by the MCD. The man being killed by a stray cattle in Khanpur Ward is a "result of the negligence and failure of the Aam Aadmi Party-headed Municipal Corporation of Delhi and Mayor Shelly Oberoi", the Delhi BJP alleged in a statement. BJP councillors will not allow the functioning of the MCD House until the mayor takes "moral responsibility" for this incident, and action is taken against officials of the veterinary department, it said. Subhash Kumar Jha, 42, a resident of Khanpur, was wait
The Uttarakhand Police on Saturday arrested the February 8 Haldwani violence alleged mastermind Abdul Malik from Delhi and brought him here, officials said. Nainital Senior Superintendent of Police Prahlad Narayan Meena said six teams were formed to search for Malik and his son Abdul Moid in different states including Gujarat, Delhi, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. One of the teams arrested Malik, who is in his 50s, from Delhi but his son is still on the run, Meena told reporters. "We have brought Malik to Haldwani. He is in our custody. He will be produced before a court at the earliest," he said. Apart from Malik, two more rioters were arrested on Saturday which takes the total number of people arrested so far in the case to 81. Malik allegedly built an "illegal" madrasa in the Banbhoolpura area of Haldwani. Its demolition led to the violence in Banbhoolpura area of Haldwani in Nanital district on February 8. Malik had vehemently opposed the administration's action and h
Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday met families in southeast Delhi's Govindpuri who claimed to have received inflated water bills and assured them that the issue would be resolved at the earliest. Interacting with the families, Kejriwal said his government will soon bring a scheme for a one-time settlement of water bills. "We are looking into the issue of inflated water bills and plan to resolve this by bringing a one-time settlement scheme very soon. The policy got delayed as the BJP has been creating hurdles for us. However, we are working on bringing this scheme at the earliest," Kejriwal told Govindpuri residents, many of whom had gathered in the streets with their water bills. He said the AAP will do everything to implement the scheme. "Even people with tiny houses have received bills worth lakhs of rupees. This problem started in the (COVID-19) pandemic as units were not noted in person during that time. "There are 12 lakh families who have received inflated bills. T
The BJP on Saturday slammed the AAP-Congress alliance in Delhi for the Lok Sabha polls and alleged the move "shows Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has lost his connection" with the Delhiites. "Kejriwal's alliance with the Congress shows he has lost his connection with the Delhiites. The AAP knows that rural population, traders and Dalits of Delhi are not with them," Delhi BJP president Virendra Sachdeva said in a statement. "By deciding to ally with the Congress, the Delhi CM who has 62 of 70 seats in the Delhi Assembly has shown that he has lost faith of almost half of Delhi," he added. Sachdeva said the people of Delhi are "shocked to see" the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) and the Congress forming an electoral alliance and added that, irrespective of the collaboration, the BJP will win all seven Lok Sabha seats of Delhi. "Irrespective of this alliance, the BJP will win all 7 Lok Sabha seats of Delhi with huge margin on the basis of support from all sections of the society," Sachdeva ...
The Delhi Development Authority will on March 5 hold an e-auction for Phase III of its Diwali Special Housing Scheme, offering 257 flats in various categories, officials said on Friday. This phase of the scheme was launched on February 19. It offers 257 flats in the penthouse, high-income and middle-income group categories in different sectors of Dwarka. According to a February 16 official circular on the e-auction of flats, two penthouses and 123 high-income group category flats are in Sector 19B while 132 middle-income group category flats are in Sector 14. The tentative reserve prices for them will be Rs 5 crore, Rs 2.02 crore to Rs 2.19 crore and Rs 1.25 to Rs 1.42 crore, respectively. The last date to register for the e-auction and submit an online earnest money deposit (EMD) is February 28. The e-auction will be held on March 5, the DDA said. The deposit for middle-income group category flats is Rs 10 lakh, high-income group flats Rs 15 lakh and penthouses Rs 25 lakh. ...
Given their scarcity, JLL projects properties in Lutyens Bungalow Zone will come up for sale only once a year over the next 4 to 5 years
Delhi HC orders SpiceJet to return leased engine to Brussels by March 10
The members of the panel include Hannan Mollah, Joginder Singh Ugrahan, Balbeer Singh Rajewal, Yudhvir Singh, Darshan Pal and Raminder Patiala
The fresh offer came even as thousands of farmers gathered at the Haryana and Punjab borders to march towards Delhi
Farmers leaders on Wednesday put the 'Delhi Chalo' march on hold for two days after a protester was killed and about 12 police personnel injured in clashes at Khanauri, one of the two protest sites on the Punjab-Haryana border. Farmer leader Sarwan Singh Pandher said they will decide the next course of action on Friday evening. Punjab farmers at Khanauri and Shambhu had resumed their agitation early in the morning after a two-day lull following the fourth round of talks on Sunday night with a panel of three Union ministers in an attempt to break the deadlock. Thousands of farmers will remain camped at the two border points during the pause in the agitation over their demands, including a legal guarantee for minimum support price (MSP) for crops and farm debt waiver. Farmer leader Baldev Singh Sirsa identified the dead farmer as Subhkaran Singh (21), a resident of Baloke village in Punjab's Bathinda district. Patiala-based Rajindra Hospital's medical superintendent H S Rekhi told .
Mephedrone, also known as 'meow meow', is a synthetic stimulant and psychotropic substance banned under the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act
Farmer leader Jagjit Singh Dallewal on Wednesday said protesting farmers, who have been camping at two border points between Punjab and Haryana after they were stopped by security personnel, will march towards Delhi in a peaceful manner. "Our intention is not to disturb peace," Dallewal said ahead of the farmers' plan to march towards the national capital. Accusing the BJP-led Centre of indulging in "delaying tactics" over the farmers' demands, Dallewal asked the government to take a decision in their favour. He also condemned the Centre for setting up multi-layered barricades at the border points between Punjab and Haryana to prevent them from heading towards Delhi. "It is our request that we want to go to Delhi in a peaceful manner. The government should itself remove the barricades and give us the permission to march towards Delhi and make arrangements for our sitting in Delhi," Dallewal told reporters at the Shambhu border point. He criticised the government for not making a .
Haryana Police on Tuesday asked its Punjab counterparts to seize bulldozers which they say protesting farmers from Punjab have brought with them as they plan to resume their 'Delhi Chalo' from the interstate border. The farmers were set to begin their march again on Wednesday from two points on the Punjab-Haryana border after the failure of four rounds of talks with the Centre over a legal guarantee on minimum support price (MSP) for crops. Though the farmers are still over 200 km from the national capital, Delhi Police on Tuesday conducted drills to ensure that its heavily barricaded entry points are not breached. Thousands of farmers, who began the march to Delhi on February 13, were stopped at the Haryana border itself, where they clashed with security personnel. The farmers have been camping at the Shambhu and Khanauri points on Punjab's border with Haryana since then. The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Tuesday orally asked the Punjab government not to allow the farmers to ..
The government has ordered temporary blocking of around 177 social media accounts and web links that are linked to the farmers' protest, according to sources. The orders were issued by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology on February 14 and 19 at the request of the Ministry of Home Affairs under section 69A of the IT Act. "The orders have been issued to temporarily block 177 social media accounts and web links to maintain law and order on request of the Ministry of Home Affairs," the source said. Links and accounts on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and some other social media platforms have been ordered to be blocked. These accounts can be restored after the farmers' agitation is over, the source added.
The Congress on Tuesday claimed that protesting farmers have rejected another "false offer" as they have understood the government's "mischief" and asserted it is committed to providing legal guarantee of the MSP and take other necessary steps to provide justice to the tillers. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi said the legal guarantee for MSP will not make the Indian farmers a burden on the budget but ensure they become the drivers of GDP growth. He claimed that "lies" are being spread that the MSP guarantee is not feasible under the government's budget. In a post in Hindi on X, Gandhi claimed that ever since the Congress resolved to provide legal guarantee for the Minimum Support Price (MSP), "Modi's propaganda machinery and media friendly to him have spread a barrage of lies on MSP". "Lie -- It is not feasible to provide legal guarantee for MSP in the budget of the government of India. Fact -- According to CRISIL, giving MSP to farmers in 2022-23 would have resulted in an additional