Homes priced above ₹3 crore saw a 58% rise in lead-to-buy conversion time in 2025 as buyers became more selective, even as overall housing conversion time fell 18% due to faster big-ticket purchases
Sales volumes in top 15 Tier II cities fall 10% to 1.56 lakh units in 2025, while value stays flat at Rs 1.48 trillion as premium housing gains share, says PropEquity
Union Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Manohar Lal on Monday said the Centre will consider a suggestion to set up an inquiry for non-allotment of around 48,000 flats constructed in the national capital for the poor under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM). Replying to a supplementary during Question Hour in the Rajya Sabha, the minister said flats in Delhi were constructed in 2012 under the JNNURM scheme, with the support of both the central and state government. Lal said he was "astonished" that these homes were not allotted to the poor by the then Delhi government under Aam Aadmi Party (AAP). He said the conditions of the remaining flats, nearly 48,000 units, have become worse and some are not even livable. The minister was replying to a question by Rajya Sabha Member Swati Maliwal, who said that only 4,871 flats were allotted to the poor out of the total 52,344 flats constructed. Maliwal accused the then AAP government in Delhi for not allotting these fl
The real estate developer plans group housing on the land parcel in the Mahalunge-Hinjewadi micro-market, with a developable potential of about 2.1 million sq ft
The Economic Survey 2025-26 says India's cities drive growth but suffer from daily stress due to poor planning, overuse of private transport and fragmented governance
Buying a home in India is getting harder, not easier. Prices are up, EMIs are stretched, and “affordable housing” often isn’t affordable anymore.
India's 2027 housing census trims questions but adds digital-age indicators like internet and smartphones, marking a shift from the 2011 houselisting approach
Units priced ₹1 crore and above increase market share to 63% of total units sold in 2025
Realty firm M3M India on Tuesday said it has partnered with global fashion and lifestyle brand ELIE SAAB to develop two ultra-luxury housing projects in Delhi-NCR with a total investment of Rs 3,500 crore. M3M India will build 300 apartments in Gurugram, while its group firm Smartworld Developers will construct about 650 flats in Noida. M3M India Group is partnering with luxury brands to boost sales of its properties. The company has already completed a housing project in Gurugram under 'Trump' brand. In October last year, it tied up with Jacob & Co, a globally renowned luxury brand, for a project in Noida. "We have partnered ELIE SAAB for two branded residential projects in Delhi-NCR," M3M India promoter Pankaj Bansal told reporters in Gurugram. ELIE SAAB Group Vice Chairman and CEO ELIE SAAB Jr said the Group entered into branded residences in 2019 with first project in Dubai. It has done more than 25 real estate projects globally so far. ELIE SAAB is entering India in ...
What began as a promise of affordable homes under a government scheme has now turned into a major money-laundering case.
Housing sales fell 1 per cent last year to over 3.48 lakh units across eight major cities, with demand stagnating amid an average price rise of up to 19 per cent, according to Knight Frank. In a virtual press conference on Wednesday, real estate consultant Knight Frank India noted that the decline in interest rates on home loans, strong economic growth and lower inflation were some of the key factors that helped in sustaining the housing demand during the 2025 calendar year despite fears of an impending correction. As per the data, the housing sales rose 1 per cent in 2025 to 3,48,207 units across eight major cities of the country. The data pertains to primary residential market only. Knight Frank India CMD Shishir Baijal said the sales momentum continued last year despite rise in weighted average prices. "The contribution of NRIs in housing sales has risen to 12-15 per cent from single digit a decade ago," he told reporters. Among cities, sale of residential properties in the Mu
Housing-related needs accounted for the highest number of partial withdrawal requests under the National Pension System in FY25, with Rs 1,327.91 crore withdrawn, PFRDA data show
Home sales volumes across the top seven cities fell to about 3.95 lakh units in 2025, but the value of homes sold rose to over ₹6 trillion as luxury share increased
India's real estate market saw residential sales moderate in 2025, while commercial leasing and investments hit record highs, making it a year of contrast and consolidation
Realty firm Signature Global will invest Rs 4,800 crore to develop a luxury housing project in Gurugram as part of its strategy to expand business amid strong consumer demand. The company, which emerged as the fifth-largest listed realty firm last fiscal in terms of sales bookings, has recently launched a new project, 'Sarvam at DXP Estate', spread over 13.56 acre. The project, located on Dwarka Expressway, Sector 37D in Gurugram, will have 1,798 apartments. In the first phase, the company is offering 50 per cent of the total units for sale in a price range of Rs 3-4 crore per unit. "The total investment in the development of this project is estimated at around Rs 4,800 crore," Signature Global founder and Chairman Pradeep Aggarwal told PTI. The company will meet the investment largely through internal accruals, which include advances from customers. The construction works will start soon, and the project is expected to be completed by 2032. Aggarwal highlighted that the company
This comes even as affordable homes have been seeing a drop in demand as well as supply in Tier-I markets such as Delhi NCR and Mumbai
Godrej Properties has sold housing properties worth Rs 2,600 crore in the first year of operation in Hyderabad and it is looking to expand business in the city that offers huge growth opportunities, a top company official said. In January this year, Godrej Properties announced entry into the Hyderabad housing market with the launch of its first project at Kokapet. In an interview with PTI, Godrej Properties Executive Chairperson Pirojsha Godrej highlighted that the company has performed exceedingly well in the Hyderabad market. "We launched our first project in Hyderabad during January-March quarter. We launched our second project in July-September quarter. Between these two projects, we have achieved sales bookings of more than Rs 2,600 crore of in our first calendar year of operation in the city," said Pirojsha. Noting that the Hyderabad market has a "huge growth potential", he said the company would like to expand business in this city to tap strong demand for premium and luxury
The appointment comes as large home financiers face intensifying competition from banks in lending for premium homes, while affordable housing has emerged as a more attractive market
Godrej Properties has bought 5 acres of land in Hyderabad through an auction process and will develop a housing project worth Rs 4,150 crore on this site. In a regulatory filing on Monday, the company stated that it participated in an e-auction conducted by the Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) for a land parcel measuring approximately 5 acres in Neopolis, Kokapet. Godrej Properties emerged as the highest bidder, according to the MSTC Ltd. e-tendering portal. The authority will issue the allotment letters after following the due process. "The proposed development on this land is planned as a premium residential project with a saleable area of about 2.5 million sq ft and an estimated revenue potential of around Rs 4,150 crore," the company said. Godrej Properties had acquired a 7.825-acre land parcel in Kukatpally, Hyderabad, in August. After entering the Hyderabad housing market, the company has launched two projects. The company has sold properties worth Rs 2,
Thirteen people were killed in a fire that spread across multiple high-rise apartment buildings in a Hong Kong housing complex, the city's fire services said Wednesday. Nine people were declared dead on the scene and four others who were sent to the hospital were later confirmed dead, authorities told reporters. About 700 people have been evacuated to temporary shelters. The raging fire sent up a column of flames and thick smoke as it spread on bamboo scaffolding and construction netting that had been set up around the exterior of the housing complex in Tai Po district, in the New Territories. Video from the scene showed at least five buildings close to each other ablaze, with bright flames and smoke shooting out of many of the apartments' windows as night fell. Lo Hiu-fung, a Taipo District Council member, told local TV station TVB earlier Wednesday that most of the residents trapped in the fire were believed to be elderly people. The blaze started mid afternoon and after nightf