)
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the kingdom's de facto leader, in a phone call with President Donald Trump raised concerns about the US potentially escalating the conflict with Iran, according to a person familiar with the leaders' discussion. The discussion on Saturday, which was first reported on by Axios, comes as Trump weighs whether to carry out new strikes on Iran. The Saudis, according to the person briefed on the substance of the call but not authorised to comment publicly, are concerned that if the US targets Iran's energy infrastructure or carries out massive strikes on other key infrastructure, Tehran could respond by carrying out attacks on the kingdom's and other Gulf countries' energy infrastructure. The crown prince during Saturday's call sought clarity from Trump on what potential new action he's weighing to take against Iran, the person said. The White House did not immediately respond to requests for comment about Saturday's call. Saudi Arabia earlier thi
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araqchi said Iran would respond decisively to any aggression and discussed the consequences of destabilising actions by the US
The Wall Street Journal reported that Trump has ordered fresh US strikes on Iran as early as this weekend, while CBS said Washington is also considering attacks on Iran's energy infrastructure
The White House signalled that President Donald Trump is weighing carrying out new strikes on Iran as the US presses for Tehran to reopen the Strait of Hormuz and abide by terms set out in a truce agreement the two sides forged last month, only to quickly collapse. There were no US strikes on Iran overnight, but Iran's paramilitary Revolutionary Guard said Friday it had struck another two tankers in the Strait of Hormuz, and Kuwait said it intercepted drones. White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt expressed the US administration's frustration anew, charging that Tehran last month signed a memorandum of understanding with the US on a truce but then quickly "broke it, shot at commercial ships, and killed American soldiers". "President Trump is not going to stand by and allow this terrorist behaviour to occur," Leavitt said in a statement on Friday evening. "Iran will continue to pay until they come to the table in, what President Trump deems, a meaningful way." Leavitt issued t
Since the outbreak of the conflict in the Middle East this year, 16 Indian nationals, including 10 seafarers, have lost their lives in the region, the government informed Parliament on Thursday. Minister of State for External Affairs Kirti Vardhan Singh said this in response to a query from CPI(M) MP John Brittas in the Rajya Sabha. The Ministry of External Affairs was asked the number of Indian seafarers and other Indian nationals killed, injured, stranded or evacuated due to the ongoing conflict in the Middle East. "Since the outbreak of the conflict in the Middle East in 2026, 16 Indian nationals including 10 seafarers have lost their lives in the Middle East (one in Saudi Arabia; two in Kuwait; eight in Oman; one in Iraq; and four in UAE), and 75 Indians have been injured (32 in UAE; 24 in Oman; four in Qatar; 13 in Kuwait; one in Saudi Arabia; and one in Israel)," Singh said. In a separate accident not related to attacks, 12 Indian nationals lost their lives in Ras Laffan gas
Jordan's air defences shot down five missiles launched from Iran Thursday morning, the spokesman for the country's armed forces said, according to Jordan's state-run Petra news agency. The news agency said no casualties were reported. The interceptions come after the US military said it had completed "a heavy wave of strikes against Iran," conducted in response to an earlier Iranian missile attack on a US base in Jordan. Central Command said in a social media post that for over two hours the US had struck "dozens" of targets belonging to Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps, including military command centres as well as missile and drone facilities, and coastal surveillance and defense sites.
US President urges lawmakers to expand the Russia sanctions legislation to include broad tariff powers against Iran as the measure heads to the House
The US military launched retaliatory strikes on Iranian targets in response to Tehran's attack on American forces in Jordan. The barrage came after the US partnered with Saudi Arabia to strike Iran-backed militias in neighbouring Iraq, killing at least 20 fighters and six Iranian advisers. The new strikes on Wednesday came hours after US President Donald Trump vowed to hit Iran "very hard" after it targeted a base in Jordan that hosts US troops. Iranian state media said two people were injured in attacks on the island of Qeshm in the Strait of Hormuz and that explosions were also reported in Khuzestan province to the northwest. Elsewhere, drone strikes ignited fires on two natural gas vessels at the Egyptian port of Damietta, according to British maritime security firm Ambrey. It was not immediately clear who was responsible for the strikes on a US-owned floating storage facility and a Greek-owned tanker. No injuries were reported. The flare-ups on multiple fronts after several day
Brent slips below $90 a barrel after a sharp rally as shipping through key West Asian routes continues despite widening regional conflict
Iran's Supreme Leader praises Hezbollah's steadfastness against Israel, reiterates Tehran's support for the group, and says resistance remains the only path forward amid the ongoing regional conflict
US President said Washington was ready for major military action against Iran but had not yet decided whether to proceed, even as the two sides continued talks amid escalating regional hostilities
The Iranian foreign minister said the main obstacle to engagement with Washington was the US' reliance on 'bullying and coercion', reiterating Tehran's commitment to protecting its national interests
The Houthis said they struck two Saudi oil tankers in the Red Sea as the US launched a fresh round of strikes on Iran, heightening concerns over global oil supplies and shipping routes
US President Donald Trump said Iran wants to strike a deal but is 'not ready' yet, describing the ongoing conflict as a 'skirmish' while referring to the latest US airstrikes
The US military announced Wednesday that it was conducting a 12th night of strikes against Iran as both sides increasingly targeted civilian infrastructure. US Central Command said the attacks were designed to "further degrade Iran's ability to threaten civilian mariners and commercial vessels transiting regional waters," as the Americans push to regain control over the Strait of Hormuz and restore the flow of international shipping. President Donald Trump warned earlier Wednesday that the US would destroy one bridge or power plant each time Iran shoots at a ship in the strait. "From this point forward, any time the Islamic Republic of Iran shoots at a ship in the Strait of Hormuz, whether it be by Missile, Rocket, Drone, or any other device or weapon, the United States will bomb and destroy ONE BRIDGE OR POWER PLANT," Trump wrote on social media. The continued American airstrikes are occurring even as diplomatic efforts show little public sign of progress and officials on both sid
Iran's supreme leader, Mojtaba Khamenei, in a new statement warned of "unforgettable lessons" if US continues attacks. The statement attributed to Khamenei, still unseen since the war began, was read out on state television. He also called US President Donald Trump's signature "worthless and invalid," after an Iranian negotiator earlier Saturday said Tehran was suspending its commitments to the interim deal signed by both countries about a month ago. The deal was aimed at permanently ending the war.
The United States and Iran exchanged strikes aimed at infrastructure and military targets on Saturday as their battle over the Strait of Hormuz intensified. The region has endured days of back-and-forth attacks in a conflict increasingly focused on control of the strait, an essential waterway that used to carry a fifth of the world's crude oil. The collapse of an interim ceasefire leaves no clear end in sight for the war that the US and Israel began more than four months ago. The US Central Command said early Saturday that its seventh straight night of strikes had hit "surveillance sites, military logistics infrastructure, underground weapons storage, and maritime capabilities." The most significant damage on Saturday occurred in Kuwait after Iran struck a water desalination plant and an oil facility, according to the Kuwait authorities and the Kuwait Petroleum Corporation. Both declined to provide locations. The strikes injured several people at the oil facility and caused a fire
Kuwait's Ministry of Water and Electricity said on Saturday a water desalination and power generation plant was struck by Iran, sparking a blaze. It was the second time in two days that Iran targeted a water desalination infrastructure in the Gulf Arab country. Kuwait said Iran had targeted a different power and desalination plant on Friday, sparking a fire and causing damage. Kuwaiti authorities said several generating units were shut down as a precaution. About 90 per cent of Kuwait's drinking water comes from desalination, and the plants are a critical part of the desert nation's infrastructure.
Iran's Revolutionary Guard warned countries hosting US troops to prepare for a 'corresponding response' and claimed attacks on American military facilities in Kuwait amid escalating regional tensions
Trump admin is reportedly planning to deploy dozens of additional military refuelling aircraft to Israel as it weighs expanding strikes on Iran's energy, nuclear and other strategic infrastructure