Raja Raghuvanshi's family claims wife Sonam is hiding facts and demands all accused be brought to Indore for deep questioning to uncover the full truth behind the murder
Mystery deepens in the Raja Raghuvanshi honeymoon murder case as police uncover new details, recreate the crime scene, and extend custody of accused Sonam Raghuvanshi and her alleged lover
The Meghalaya DERT today declared the Meghalaya TET results 2025. Candidates who took Paper I and Paper II can now check their results on the official website at megeeducation.gov.in
The killers of Indore-based businessman Raja Raghuvanshi had a plan to murder any random woman and burn her body to pass it as that of his wife Sonam so that she would be able to be in hiding for a few more days till the truth is known, a senior police officer of Meghalaya said here on Thursday. The police also found out that Raj Kushwaha, boyfriend of Sonam, was the mastermind in the murder plot and she is the co-conspirator. On the first day of interrogation of Sonam, her suspected boyfriend Raj and three others, who were arrested in connection with the killing of the Indore-based businessman, also revealed that she fled from Meghalaya in a burqa and reached the Madhya Pradesh city using various modes of transport like taxi, bus and train. The conspiracy to eliminate Raja was hatched in Indore, shortly before his wedding with Sonam on May 11, and the mastermind is Raja while the woman had agreed to the plot, East Khasi Hills district Superintendent of Police Vivek Syiem told PTI.
Sonam Raghuvanshi's brother, Govind, says he is '100 per cent sure' she murdered her husband Raja during their honeymoon in Meghalaya and demands she be hanged if found guilty
Govind Raghuvanshi, brother of prime accused Sonam Raghuvanshi visited Raja Raghuvanshi's house on Wednesday to apologise to the grieving family about his sister's alleged role in the murder.
A newly-married couple from Indore went to Meghalaya for honeymoon and went missing. The man was found dead days later, and the police now suspect that his wife was behind the murder
A special investigation team of the Meghalaya Police brought here around midnight arrested Sonam Raghuvanshi, one of the five accused in the murder of her Indore-based businessman husband Raja Raghuvanshi, and would reconstruct the crime scene in Sohra, a senior officer said on Wednesday. The four others, who were also arrested from Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh in connection with the murder, are expected to arrive here shortly, and they will be produced before a local court, he said. Sonam was taken to a hospital here for a medical examination and will be produced before a court during the day as the SIT will seek her police custody to complete the investigation, he said. "The SIT team that brought Sonam arrived shortly before midnight. She was taken to a hospital here to ascertain whether she was pregnant or not. She will be produced before a court here," a senior police officer told PTI. The SIT will seek "police custody of all the arrested persons, and will reconstruct the .
Raj Singh Kushwaha allegedly coordinated with Sonam Raghuvanshi and hired killers while maintaining an alibi in Indore, say police probing Raja Raghuvanshi's murder
An Indore-based woman accused of hiring men to get her husband killed while on honeymoon in Meghalaya surrendered before Uttar Pradesh Police in Ghazipur on Monday, while another accused man was arrested from Lalitpur district, police said. Sonam Raghuvanshi (24), who has been accused of orchestrating the murder of her husband Raja Raghuvanshi, was produced before a local court in Ghazipur on Monday night for transit remand permission, following which she was expected to be taken into custody by a Meghalaya Police team that reached here in the evening. The court proceedings continued till late in the night. Earlier in the day, Meghalaya DGP I Nongrang said Raja Raghuvanshi, an Indore-based transport businessman whose body was found a week back in Meghalaya, was allegedly killed by men hired by his wife Sonam. Apart from Sonam, police have arrested three men -- Akash Rajput from Lalitpur and two others from Indore -- in connection with the case. A total of five persons have been ..
Meghalaya Police have arrested Sonam Raghuvanshi, the Indore woman who went missing during her honeymoon, for allegedly plotting her husband's murder.
In a shocking development in the Meghalaya murder case, the wife of the victim, Sonam Raghuvanshi, has been arrested in Ghazipur, Uttar Pradesh. Watch the video to know more.
Indore, Addl. DCP (Crime) Rajesh Dandotiya said that three suspects, Raj Kushwaha, Vishal Chauhan and Akash Rajput, were detained from Indore and a nearby area
An Indore couple on their honeymoon went missing in Meghalaya on May 23; husband's body found in gorge with a bloodstained machete nearby; search for missing wife continues amid SIT probe
CM Sarma stated that the meeting focused on the inter-state border dispute, artificial flooding in Guwahati, and the proposed construction of a multipurpose project at Kulsi along the Assam-Meghalaya
Indore newlyweds Raja and Sonam Raghuvanshi vanished on May 23; their scooter was found near Sohrarim village as search teams comb the rugged terrain
MBOSE SSLC supplementary exam results 2025 have been released today at mbose.in. Students can check and download the scorecards using their login details
The Meghalaya Police on Sunday claimed to have busted a criminal network facilitating illegal entry into the country and identity forgery, with the arrest of three suspected Bangladesh nationals from Mumbai. The three accused, including a woman, were nabbed from Koparkhairane, Ulwe and Rafi Ahmed Kidwai Marg in South Mumbai, after a week-long hunt by police personnel of Meghalaya and Maharashtra, a senior officer said. He said police recovered forged documents, incriminating digital evidence and tools used for fabricating IDs. The accused were brought to Meghalaya on transit remand for further investigation, Ri-Bhoi District SSP Vivekanand Singh Rathore told PTI. The trio allegedly facilitated the illegal entry of at least 24 Bangladesh nationals, which include 12 women and three children in the recent past, he said. They used to arrange forge documents using fake address proofs and enlisting middlemen to move illegal immigrants through border towns to metropolitan cities like Mum
Meghalaya Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma said eleven more miners are all set to get the mining opening permission for starting scientific mining of coal in the state soon. As of now three miners have started extracting coal using scientific mining methods as prescribed by the Central authorities and they are dealing with issues of safe transportation, he said on Tuesday. "Mining of coal by three (3) miners in the state has started in a scientific manner after the Coal Ministry was satisfied with the work of extracting coal," said Sangma. Sangma said that as per the latest information, 11 more miners are awaiting permission from the Ministry to extract coal in the state. "I don't have the exact number but in 1-2 months, another 10-11 miners mostly from East Jaintia Hills and West Khasi Hills will be getting the permission to extract coal in a scientific manner," he said. On March 17, 2025, after more than decades, mining in Meghalaya was re-opened in East Jaintia Hills. The chief
The Meghalaya Cabinet on Tuesday approved a proposal to provide free electricity, mobile recharge and petrol to retired chief justice and judges of the state's high court, Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma said. The approval to the Retired Judges' Secretarial Assistant and Domestic Help Rules 2013 which include enhancement for electricity of up to 1000 units per month to be reimbursed, mobile connectivity Rs 4,200 per month plus taxes and petrol expenses of 100 litres a month, Sangma told reporters after the Cabinet meeting. The Cabinet has also approved an amendment to the Meghalaya State Language Act 2005, making Khasi and Garo associate official languages for various exams to be conducted at the district level. The Cabinet also gave its nod to a law to protect the witnesses according to the new criminal laws - the BNS, BNSS & BSA. The chief minister said a complete mechanism has been included to protect witnesses as mandated under the Meghalaya Witness Protection Scheme, 2025. The