Trump entered into a high-stakes trade war with China before reaching a partial Phase 1 trade deal in January
The complaint is being brought by the nonprofit US WeChat Users Alliance and several people who say they rely on the app for work, worship and staying in touch with relatives in China
TikTok is reportedly preparing to legally challenge by early next week the first executive order signed by US President Donald Trump to prohibit its owner ByteDance to do any business in the US
How many players are able to sustain user growth will only be clear with time. That said, it is quite likely some may find the right investors and loyal audience and make it in the long haul
With the exception of Mandarin language courses, tie-ups with Chinese institutions are likely to be discontinued
India has been banned TikTok but ByteDance Ltd, the Chinese company that owns the app, hasn't cut jobs
TikTok, which has been under scrutiny over its content moderation practices, in March named the initial members of a content advisory council, to give advice on its policies and evaluate the actions
In recent months, local governments and state firms such as China Telecom have announced plans and procurements aimed at fostering a home-grown tech ecosystem
Trump ordered ByteDance last week to divest TikTok's US operations within 90 days
The move would represent a strategic departure for Oracle, which caters mostly to corporate customers and generates the bulk of its sales from cloud offerings and software licensing
Earlier this year, TikTok appointed former Walt Disney streaming chief Kevin Mayer as its chief executive
Trump went further on Friday, ordering ByteDance, the Chinese owner of TikTok, to give up its American assets and any data that TikTok had gathered in the United States
Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian on Monday said "freedom and security are merely excuses for some US politicians to pursue digital gunboat diplomacy"
Trump has been piling pressure on Chinese-owned companies, such as by vowing to ban short-video app TikTok from the United States
The SJM lobbied vigorously against the RCEP that culminated in an 11-day national protest in October 2019
Trump's latest move comes on top of an executive order he issued last week that would prohibit certain transactions with TikTok unless ByteDance divests it within 45 days
The employees' legal challenge to Trump's executive order will be separate from a pending lawsuit from the company that owns the app
Microsoft is in talks to buy TikTok's American business, a forced sale after Trump threatened to ban the video-sharing platform, which claims 100 million US users and hundreds of millions globally
Despite spending roughly $700 million a year in research and development, the microblogging company's main offering has stayed virtually the same over the past decade
Trump made the remarks after issuing an executive order banning transactions with TikTok's Chinese parent Bytedance