You are here: Home » Economy & Policy » News
Business Standard

Registrations on e-shram portal cross 10-crore mark, shows data

The states with more than 1 lakh registrations are Uttar Pradesh (2.61 lakh), West Bengal (1.08 lakh) and Bihar (1.02 lakh), a ministry statement said

Topics
Labour Ministry | government policies | indian government

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

Labourers
Representational image

The number of registrations on e-shram portal, launched by the to create a national database of unorganised workers, crossed the 10-crore mark on Wednesday.

On November 30, over 12.18 lakh registrations were done. The states with more than 1 lakh registrations are Uttar Pradesh (2.61 lakh), West Bengal (1.08 lakh) and Bihar (1.02 lakh), a ministry statement said.

"As on 1st December 2021, over 10 crore workers have been registered on eSHRAM portal. The top leading states are West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Odisha, Bihar etc," it said.

The portal was launched on August 26 this year to create a national database of unorganized workers, including construction workers, migrant workers, gig workers and platform workers, street vendors, domestic workers, agriculture workers, etc and it was provided to states for registration of unorganised workers.

The government has provided registration facilities at doorstep of unorganised workers. Common Service Centers (CSCs), an entity of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, is working as enrolment agency through its over 4 lakh centers across the country. They are actively registering unorganised workers across the country specially in rural areas.

State governments have also been onboarded over 17,337 State Seva Kendras (SSKs) with e-shram portal to extend the outreach of the registration facility. Workers can also self register through the portal, it stated.

Around 81 per cent registration is being done by CSCs and SSKs and remaining 19 per cent is through self regisrtation, it stated.

Nearly 48 per cent registered workers are male and remaining 52 per cent are female. Transgenders are also being registered on e-shram portal. So far, 2,380 transgenders have been registered, it stated.

In order to facilitate delivery of social security schemes and any cash assistance to the eligible unorganised workers, bank account details are being captured. Around 90 per cent of the registrations have bank accounts details. It will facilitate seamless financial transactions on a click without any hassle.

About 52.03 per cent registered workers are from the farm sector followed by 11.87 per in construction and 9.19 per cent in domestic and household segments.

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Dear Reader,


Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor

First Published: Wed, December 01 2021. 20:44 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
.