Suryoday Small Finance Bank (SSFB) has completed a shade more than a decade as an entity in two avatars — the past three years as a bank and eight years prior as a micro-finance institution (MFI). It has ramped up business at the bottom of the pyramid, and believes the business model is sustainable and scalable. R Baskar Babu, the bank’s managing director and chief executive officer, spoke to Raghu Mohan. Edited excerpts:
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, October 12 2020. 06:06 IST