Business Standard

Two more persons die after consuming wild mushrooms

Image

Press Trust of India Shillong
Two more persons died on

Wednesday, days after three families consumed wild mushrooms at a village along the Indo-Bangla border in West Jaintia Hills, taking the total number of deaths to four, officials said.
A total of 18 persons from three families at Lamin village under Amlarem civil sub-division were critically ill after consuming the wild mushrooms, they collected from a nearby forest.
Village headman Golden Gashnga said the two deceased have been identified as Synran Khonglah (16) and Lapynshai Khonglah (28). Both of them are siblings of Katdilia Khonglah (26), who passed away along with his neighbor Morison Dhar (40) on Sunday.
Synran and her brother Lapynshai succumbed to the sickness at the North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) on Wednesday, he said.
Two other siblings of Katdilia, Mariaba and Amstrong are still undergoing treatment at NEIGRIHMS while 7 year-old boy was referred to Woodland Hospital, Shillong.
Three others being treated at Jowai civil hospital, Ialong.

Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content

Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel

First Published: Apr 29 2020 | 11:32 PM IST

Explore News