US stocks were little changed on Wednesday, rebounding from stunning overnight losses fueled by the US election as sectors that appeared poised to benefit from a Donald Trump presidency led the charge. After tremendous losses in the overnight session, the Dow and S&P 500 briefly turned positive shortly after the open. Strong gains in the heavily weighted healthcare sector, up 2.9%, and financials, up 2.5%, kept the market within striking distance of the unchanged level. A curb on drug pricing was one of the key campaign themes for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, while ...
MORE ON MARKETS:
Copyrights © 2020 Business Standard Private Ltd. All rights reserved.
Upgrade To Premium Services
Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"
As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:
- Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
- Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
- Access to 17 plus years of content archives
- Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
- End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
- NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
In Partnership with
Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.
Team Business Standard