Is the electric two-wheeler (E2W) juggernaut slowing down after a year of fast-paced sales growth? There is no doubt that the business faces a double whammy. On the one hand, three E2W makers have been forced to recall over 6,700 scooters after several of them caught fire, attracting government inquiries. On the other hand, the Ukraine-Russia war has ended hopes that the component and chip shortage would be over soon. Many project the shortage to last till 2023.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
SUBSCRIBE TO INSIGHTS
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.