You are here: Home » Companies » News
Business Standard

SME B2B Platform TradeIndia looking to raise $10-15 mn in next 2 quarters

The company was started as an offline B2B platform for SME buyers and sellers in 1996 by Bikky Khosla, who owns 95 per cent of the stock

Topics
SME | E-commerce sellers

Press Trust of India  |  Mumbai 

msme, sme, manufacturing, jobs, salary, employees, workers
The platform also features more than 90,000 product categories.

TradeIndia, an online price and products discovery platform solely focused on small businesses, is looking to raise USD 10-15 million over the next two quarters, a senior company official said.

The company was started as an offline B2B platform for buyers and sellers in 1996 by Bikky Khosla, who owns 95 per cent of the stock. The remaining 5 per cent is with directors and employees.

The New Delhi-based firm closed FY20 with a revenue of Rs 127 crore, and has been profitable for many years now as it ensures 5 per cent margin on any product listing, which is its core revenue source, the company's Chief Operating Officer Sandip Chhetri said.

"We are looking at fund-raising to the tune of USD 10-15 million. We want to close a deal... within the next two quarters," Chhetri told PTI over phone from New Delhi.

Though he refused to share how much stake promoter Khosla is planning to divest, he said the company is looking at a valuation of 6-7 times the FY20 revenue.

Chhetri said being fully digital, the lockdown has helped the firm scale up revenues, with cumulative month-on-month revenue growth clipping at 25 per cent during the lockdown months over the same period last year.

With over 5.5 million registered users, including 20 per cent from abroad, and over 3.7 million sellers, TradeIndia is the second largest B2B platform for buyers and sellers from the small business space, after Indiamart, promoted by Dinesh Agarwal.

The platform also features more than 90,000 product categories.

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

Dear Reader,


Business Standard has always strived hard to provide up-to-date information and commentary on developments that are of interest to you and have wider political and economic implications for the country and the world. Your encouragement and constant feedback on how to improve our offering have only made our resolve and commitment to these ideals stronger. Even during these difficult times arising out of Covid-19, we continue to remain committed to keeping you informed and updated with credible news, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical issues of relevance.
We, however, have a request.

As we battle the economic impact of the pandemic, we need your support even more, so that we can continue to offer you more quality content. Our subscription model has seen an encouraging response from many of you, who have subscribed to our online content. More subscription to our online content can only help us achieve the goals of offering you even better and more relevant content. We believe in free, fair and credible journalism. Your support through more subscriptions can help us practise the journalism to which we are committed.

Support quality journalism and subscribe to Business Standard.

Digital Editor

First Published: Thu, September 24 2020. 22:18 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
.