Disclaimer: These are personal views of the writer. They do not necessarily reflect the opinion of www.business-standard.com or the Business Standard newspaper
Addressing a group of industry watchers and analysts in New York City in 2008 after the financial crisis had hit and I had just become chairman of industry association Nasscom, it was interesting to face a barrage of questions and waves of pessimism about the industry’s future. Some cynics were even expecting a three-year decline in industry revenues and were almost incredulous at my five per cent growth prediction for that year and a revival after that. Which did come to pass as a resilient industry found new mojo and surged back. In an almost inevitable repetition 2016 onwards, the wave of automation, artificial intelligence and economic slowdown across the globe had provoked forecasts of doom all over again and it’s good to be able to confidently predict today that the IT and BPM industry will get back to double digit revenue growth this year and find new avenues to grow in future.
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Subscribe To Insights
Key stories on business-standard.com are available to premium subscribers only.Already a BS Premium subscriber? Log in NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.