MG Motor India is on track to achieve over 25 per cent of total sales from electric vehicles this fiscal year as it continues to enhance its product portfolio, according to company Deputy Managing Director Gaurav Gupta. The company has already crossed the 10,000 unit cumulative sales milestone of EVs in the country. On Wednesday, the automaker introduced a top end variant of its electric SUV ZS EV equipped with level two autonomous driving technology priced at Rs 27.89 lakh for a limited period. "We had mentioned earlier that in this financial year also we will see upwards of 25 per cent of our portfolio coming in from electric vehicle sales. At this point in time, we would like to hold that metric and work towards it," Gupta told PTI. He further said, "This will only increase as we go along in terms of new products and also the growth of our current portfolio. We are building up on that journey. Since the Comet is just a recent launch, I think we have started on that journey and i
Firm currently has 450 charging points in 15 states, most of which are in Delhi NCR and Hyderabad; 1,000 charging points to come up by end of FY24
During the previous financial year, electric vehicles accounted for nearly 20 per cent of Minda Corporation's total orders.
The key, however, lies in the future of FAME II subsidy. If it is not extended EV prices will soar and slow the government's own market adoption and emission targets
The product will be manufactured at Spark Minda's state-of-the-art facility, Spark Minda Green Mobility Systems Private Limited, in Pune
Auto components maker Minda Corporation Ltd on Tuesday said it has bagged a Rs 750-crore contract from a leading automobile manufacturer to produce battery chargers for electric vehicles. The product will be manufactured at wholly-owned subsidiary Spark Minda Green Mobility Systems' facility at Pune, Minda Corporation said in a regulatory filing. The company, however, did not disclose the name of the automobile manufacturer it has bagged the order from. "The lifetime value of the order is Rs 750 crore," it added. Minda Corporation Executive Director Aakash Minda said the order is "a testament to Spark Minda's robust EV product portfolio and our focus on customer centricity". He further said, "This milestone underlines our commitment towards promoting sustainable mobility and our ability to adapt to the evolving demands of the global automotive industry." The company said during the last financial year, electric vehicles accounted for nearly 20 per cent of the total orders won and
If the deal goes through, it will be BII's second round of investment in India's biggest sports utility vehicle maker by revenue
As early as March, some models made at Tesla's Shanghai plant were 14 per cent cheaper than in 2022
Tesla has had a win in the EV charging market, but new entrants could redefine the landscape
This capacity increase is part of Epsilon's commitment to invest Rs 9,000 crore in India
Electric vehicle maker EKA Mobility on Thursday said it has bagged an order for the supply of 57 e-buses from Mira-Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC). Now, EKA's order book has grown significantly, with more than 500 electric buses and 5,000 electric light commercial vehicle orders in the pipeline, it said in a statement. According to the company, the deployment of these 57 electric buses is expected to save 33,704 tonnes of CO2 emission in comparison to diesel buses and is equivalent to planting 1,02,134 trees. Sudhir Mehta, Founder & Chairman of EKA, said the order is a significant milestone for the company. "We look forward to commencing the deliveries in the coming months, which will further fortify our partnership with Mira-Bhayandar Municipal Corporation and help in environment-friendly mass mobility for the city of Mumbai," he added. Additionally, these e-buses will be equipped with intelligent charging infrastructure to support efficient operations and minimise ...
In all cities, Bangalore emerged as the leader in total funds raised during this period, followed by Delhi-NCR and Mumbai
'New model introductions, festive promotions, seasonal factors couldn't markedly boost sales'
State sees Rs 43,000 crore investment in two years; Hyundai, Ola, Ather among major players
Nasscom has flagged concerns over "unrealistic electrification targets" for EVs in the national capital citing supply constraints, inadequate charging infrastructure and challenges ahead for cab drivers in its submissions on Delhi Motor Vehicle Aggregator and Delivery Service Provider Scheme. Nasscom highlighted that only 0.16 per cent of the total vehicle in use in Delhi are currently EVs, as it pointed to the vast difference in electrification targets and current realities. "In its observations, Nasscom raises concerns about the unrealistic electrification targets for EVs in the capital, citing supply constraints, inadequate charging infrastructure, high entry costs and challenges ahead for the cab drivers," the industry body said. The note said the current share of EVs in Delhi is a mere 0.74 per cent, 30.3 per cent and 0.16 per cent for two, three and four-wheeler vehicles, respectively. Nasscom opined that Delhi's electrification targets will negatively impact the mobility of
Signs deal to acquire 50% stake in Jayem Auto
The launch aims to showcase Tresa Motors' commitment to transitioning India into a global force commercial vehicle industry
EVs come under the 5 per cent slab, whereas service providers of batteries will fall under a different one
Siemens Limited on Saturday said it has completed the acquisition of the electric vehicle division of Mass-Tech Controls Private Ltd for Rs 38 crore. Siemens is a technology company focused on industry, infrastructure, transport as well as transmission and generation of electrical power. In a regulatory filing, the company said it "has completed the acquisition of EV division of Mass-Tech Controls in accordance with the definitive agreements entered between the parties for a consideration of Rs 380 million, which is subject to adjustments mutually agreed between the parties to the transaction".
Backed by the high demand for electric vehicles, batteries, and hydrogen, the electroplating industry in the country is estimated to be at Rs 12,000 crore, a top industry official said. Homi Bhabha National Institute Vice-Chancellor U Kamachi Mudali said the electroplating industry globally was expected to grow to USD 30 billion. The sector has over three lakh electroplaters present across the country, Mudali noted at the fourth edition of Surface and Coating Expo 2023 here organized by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII). "This (surface and coating) industry today is estimated to be about Rs 12,000 crore. Globally, this industry is expected to grow to USD 30 billion 2030 from the current USD 20 billion." Ramik Shah, Director of Ronuk Group, which is engaged in the manufacturing and supplying of metal finishing and plating, said India was poised to grow in the next decade as many electroplating and global companies were setting up shop in India. "To offer and be a world-class .