)
India on Wednesday advised its people to continue avoiding all non-essential travel to Iran until further notice, despite recent improvements in the security situation. The Indian Embassy in Tehran said it has been closely monitoring the prevailing security situation in Iran and was issuing a revised advisory in light of recent positive developments and improvements in the overall situation. "Notwithstanding the recent improvements, Indian nationals are advised to continue to avoid all non-essential travel to Iran until further notice," the mission said in its advisory - a copy of which was posted on social media. The mission further advised Indian citizens presently residing in Iran, as well as those who may be required to travel to the country for unavoidable reasons, to exercise a high degree of caution, remain vigilant at all times and maintain constant awareness. It urged them to closely follow local developments through credible sources of information and comply with ...
The Israeli officials said the Lebanese troops involved would undergo US training and vetting to ensure they are not linked to Iran-backed Hezbollah
Trump asserted that the Iranian leadership had conceded significant ground during the ongoing diplomatic talks
The breakthrough could ease pressure on oil markets, secure shipping through the Strait of Hormuz, and help shield India from higher import costs and inflation
Early progress in US-Iran talks offers hope for a deal, but tensions involving Israel, Lebanon and the Strait of Hormuz could still derail negotiations
At least 11 tankers carrying a combined 20 million barrels were detected leaving the Iranian port of Chabahar in recent days, Bloomberg shipping data show
Neither the war nor the agreement terminated the main threats emanating from Iran, many analysts said
A high-level Iranian team arrived in Switzerland for peace talks with the US, as US Vice President JD Vance departed Washington for meetings that Pakistan said will begin
Desh Vibhor, Desh Vaibhav and Sanmar Herald were observed in Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Sea on Sunday, after having been last seen signaling their attempt to cross the Strait of Hormuz late Friday
Pakistan Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif and its Army Chief Asim Munir left for Switzerland early Sunday to participate in the technical-level talks between the US and Iran. As a follow-up to the signing of the Islamabad MoU, technical-level talks will be held in Burgenstock, Switzerland, on Sunday, according to the prime minister's office. "The prime minister, along with a high-level delegation, has departed from Islamabad for Switzerland," the PMO said in its statement issued after midnight. It added that Prime Minister Sharif and Field Marshal Munir will participate in these talks. Earlier, Pakistan had announced that the talks would be held in Switzerland after they were postponed on Friday. The talks are aimed at adding key details to the preliminary accord to halt the nearly four-month war between the US and Iran signed earlier this week by US President Donald Trump and Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian. US Vice President J D Vance was initially supposed to hold a first rou
The IRGC warned ships would be at risk if they approached the waterway, a vital conduit for global oil and gas supplies
US President Donald Trump on Saturday threatened to impose US tolls in the Strait of Hormuz if a final deal with Iran isn't reached in 60 days. Trump, spending the weekend at Camp David, underscored that the initial agreement to end the war with Iran calls for toll-free travel through the vital waterway for 60 days. Then he said: "there will be NO TOLLS after the 60 day period has expired, unless they are imposed by and for the United States of America, should the deal not be completed." Trump said the money would be for "services rendered as the Guardian Angel to the countries of the Middle East for purposes of both past, present, and future reimbursement of costs." The US president has faced a lot of blowback domestically for how the memorandum of understanding with Iran addresses the issue of tolls in the Strait of Hormuz. The deal only secures toll-free passage for 60 days and doesn't preclude future fees.
Iran has been the early winner from the easing of tensions with the US following the signing of an interim peace deal and has wasted no time in resuming oil exports
Three Indian-flagged crude oil tankers carrying over 8.6 lakh million tonnes of cargo with 94 crew members from the country transited through the Strait of Hormuz on Saturday and are en route to India, Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal said. The three crude oil tankers -- Desh Vaibhav, Desh Vibhor, and Sanmar Herald -- are expected to arrive in India between June 24 and July 1. While Desh Vaibhav is expected to reach Vadinar Port on June 24, Desh Vibhor is likely to arrive at Sikka Port the same day. Sanmar Herald, the third Indian-flagged oil tanker to cross the Strait of Hormuz on Saturday, is scheduled to reach Paradip on July 1. "3 Indian-flagged crude oil tankers, Desh Vaibhav, Desh Vibhor and Sanmar Herald carrying over 8.6 Lakh MT of cargo with 94 Indian crew members have successfully transited the Strait of Hormuz today and are en route to India," Minister of Ports, Shipping & Waterways Sonowal said in a post on X. "Under the decisive leadership of Hon'ble PM Shri ...
US Vice President J D Vance said on Saturday the peace talks with Iran were on and negotiators Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner were already in Switzerland. In an interview with Fox News, Vance said he also planned to join the talks in Switzerland in the next few days, contending that the US has all the cards. "We'll plan the talks when the principals from the Iranian government, also the Qatari and the Pakistani governments arrive. That may happen as soon as tomorrow, but these things are always a little bit in flux," Vance said. "Jared and Steve have been on the ground now for a few hours, dealing with some of the technical elements of this negotiation," Vance added. US President Donald Trump and Iran President Masoud Pezeshkian signed the Memorandum of Understanding to end the over three-month war and technical aspects of the agreement were to be discussed by negotiators in Switzerland beginning Friday. However, there was a delay due to a fresh round of firing between Israel and
Iran's joint military command said on Saturday that the Strait of Hormuz has been closed again, citing Israeli attacks in Lebanon and US "bad faith" and "its clear breach of its commitments" by failing to end the war. The statement on state television also warned that "if the aggression continues, subsequent steps have been planned." Ships had begun transiting the strait after the interim US-Iran agreement was signed earlier in the week. Israeli strikes on southern Lebanon on Saturday killed at least 16 people, including two children, hours after reports emerged of a ceasefire agreement. The persistent fighting threatened an interim agreement between the US and Iran to end the war in the Middle East.
Iran postponed negotiations that were meant to begin in Switzerland on Friday because of the ongoing fighting
Desh Vibhor, operated by Shipping Corp of India, briefly reversed course before resuming its journey toward the Strait of Hormuz as shipping movements remain under watch amid West Asia tensions
Israel and Hezbollah agreed to the ceasefire on Friday following an escalation in hostilities in Lebanon
Trump said he had been in contact with Israel earlier in the day and encouraged its leadership to support the ceasefire effort