The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is inviting applications for the post of Assistant Adviser (Public Health Engineering) to be hired by Central Public Health and Environment Engineering Organisation (CPHEEO) under Ministry of Urban Development. Candidates willing to take up the post can apply for the same till September 28, 2017 (Thursday). The number of vacancy is two reserved for UR (1), OBC (1), SC (0) and ST (0). The qualified candidate would be offered the salary as LEVEL 11 in the PAY MATRIX Pre-Revised PB-3 (Rs. 15600-39100) Plus Grade Pay Rs. 6600/- The post carries probation of one year.
Age: Not exceeding-40 years as on normal closing date. Not exceeding 43 years for Other Backward classes candidates in respect of vacancies reserved for them. Relaxable for regularly appointed Central/U.T. Government Servant upto Five years as per instructions/orders issued by Govt. of India from time to time.
(i) Degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering or Public Health Engineering from a recognized University or Institute or passed A and B examination of the Institution of Engineers (India) in Civil Engineering.
(ii) Post Graduate degree in Public Health Engineering or Environmental Engineering from a recognized University or Institute and
Experience: 5 (five) years experience in Public Health Engineering or Environmental Engineering or Municipal Services in a government department or semi- government organization or public body including investigation, design, construction, operation and maintenance of water supply or drainage or solid waste management systems and sewerage installations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Scrutiny of Urban Water Supply and Sewerage/Drainage Projects, Solid Waste Management schemes.
- Assisting in implementation of centrally sponsored programmes, appraisal of DPRs, convening meetings/workshops, preparation of technical guidelines etc.
- Assisting in preparing Manuals and code of Practices in the field of Public Health and Environmental Engineering.
- Visit the official online portal of UPSC here.
- Search for the New Registration and click on the same. (Direct link here)
- Fill in the required details and you will get your Registration ID and password.
- Go back to the Existing Vacancies Page and search for Post Name ‘Assistant Adviser (Public Health Engineering)’ with Apply Now button. Hit the button.
- Enter your Registration ID and Password along with Captcha code given there.
- Follow the online instructions. (More details on the online instructions here)
Documents for Interview:
Qualified and eligible candidates will receive official communication from the Commission for interview. Candidates shortlisted for interview on the basis of the information provided in the online applications submitted by them will be required to send self-attested copies of documents/relevant certificates in support of the claims made in the application as and when demanded by the Commission.
Established on 1 October 1926 as Public Service Commission, the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India's prestigious central recruiting agency that conducts appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. It was known as Federal Public Service Commission by the Government of India Act, 1935 and was then renamed as today's Union Public Service Commission after the independence.