After a “superstar” initial public offering (IPO) at the Nasdaq, which made 12 per cent of the company’s employees crorepatis overnight, Freshworks founder and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) GIRISH MATHRUBOOTHAM says employees are equal owners of his company. In an exclusive interview with Shine Jacob, he shares his views on the journey so far, what his IPO means to the SaaS (software as a system) ecosystem in India, and the road ahead for $85-million venture capital fund Together, launched by him. Edited excerpts:
On your debut day itself, your market cap crossed $13 billion. Looking back, how are you seeing the growth story of Freshworks?
We’re humbled by the market response and proud to be the first B2B SaaS company from India to go public on the global stage. We look forward to building Freshworks for the long haul. It has been a memorable journey, one that we will continue together as the Freshworks kudumba (family).
TO READ THE FULL STORY, SUBSCRIBE NOW NOW AT JUST RS 249 A MONTH.
Already a premium subscriber? LOGIN NOW
What you get on Business Standard Premium?
- Unlock 30+ premium stories daily hand-picked by our editors, across devices on browser and app.
- Full access to our intuitive epaper - clip, save, share articles from any device; newspaper archives from 2006.
- Curated newsletters on markets, personal finance, policy & politics, start-ups, technology, and more.
- Pick your 5 favourite companies, get a daily email with all news updates on them.
- 26 years of website archives.
- Preferential invites to Business Standard events.
Subscribe to Business Standard Premium
Exclusive Stories, Curated Newsletters, 26 years of Archives, E-paper, and more!
First Published: Mon, September 27 2021. 06:09 IST