120 hoax calls received at airports in last 3 years: Govt

A total of 120 hoax threat calls had been received at the country's 20 airports in the last three years, Minister of state for civil aviation Jayant Sinha informed the Lok Sabha today.
About one-fourth of these calls, 40, were received at the Delhi airport, followed by Mumbai with 17 and Bangalore receving 14 hoax threat calls, the Minister said in a written reply.
"Nine officers of the BCAS (Bureau of Civil Aviation Security) have been empowered to investigate cases for a limited purpose of offences under Suppression of Unlawful Acts Against Safety of Civil Aviation, 1982," Sinha said.
Disclaimer: No Business Standard Journalist was involved in creation of this content
More From This Section
Don't miss the most important news and views of the day. Get them on our Telegram channel
First Published: Jul 27 2017 | 7:57 PM IST
