You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

First unit of NTPC-Rail JV synchronised at Bihar's Nabinagar

Press Trust of India  |  Aurangabad/Patna 

The first unit of 250 MW NTPC-joint venture at Nabinagar was successfully synchronised with the grid this evening.

The joint venture project has been developed by Bharatiya Rail Bijlee Company Limited (BRBCL) with having 74 per cent share, while the Ministry of with the remaining 26 per cent.

"The first unit of 250 MW was today synchronised with the grid at Pusauli in the state. The plant was run at its full load capacity of 250 MW," BRBCL CEO Raj Kumar told PTI.

The joint venture firm was constructing four units of 250 MW at Nabinagar in Aurangabad district.

Kumar expressed hope that the remaining three units would be made operational by the end of March 2017.

Of the power generated from BRBCL's plants, Indian would get 90 per cent and ten per cent.

The successful synchronisation of the plant would pave way for 'commissioning' of the unit prior to the declaration of 'commercial' operation of the plant.

Under the synchronisation process, the plant was connected to the grid to see the load factor and to ensure whether all other aspects of the plant were working correctly.

After synchronisation of the plant, if it fulfils all norms and parameters such as its turbine, boiler, water inflow and outflow etc. Were as per norms laid down by the Central Electricity Authority (CEA), then the plant was 'commissioned' within 90 days and run for 72 hours continuously at full load, before finally declaring it fit for 'commercial generation'.

The construction work of BRBCL was proposed in the 2005-06 Union Budget and the Centre approved the company in February 2007.

Officials said work on the plant was delayed due to land acquisition problems at Nabinagar for the two projects being constructed by BRBCL and Nabinagar Power Generating Company Ltd (NPGCL), a JV of and government.

Actual work on BRBCL power plants started in 2008-09.

The four units of BRBCL plant would be constructed on around 1,500 acres of land at Nabinagar and all of them would be completed at a revised cost of around Rs 8,100 crore.

The plant would draw water from Sone river, while it would get coal supply from Pachra coal block of CCL located in Jharkhand's Ranchi district.

First Published: Sun, March 20 2016. 22:02 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU