You are here: Home » Companies » News
Business Standard

TCS increases stake to 66% in Japanese JV with $32.6 mn investment

The current governance of operations and management will remain unchanged by the share acquisition

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

TCS CEO & MD Rajesh Gopinathan (left) and Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran at TCS AGM in Mumbai | Photo: KAMLESH PEDNEKAR
TCS CEO & MD Rajesh Gopinathan (left) and Tata Sons Chairman N Chandrasekaran at TCS AGM in Mumbai | Photo: KAMLESH PEDNEKAR

IT services major (TCS) Monday said it is increasing its holding to 66 per cent in Ltd - its joint venture with Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) - with an investment of 3.5 billion yen ( $32.6 million or Rs 226.2 crore).

"The company through APAC, is acquiring 15 per cent stake from MC in for a total consideration of JPY 3.5 billion (about $32.6 million) and consequently, the holding of TCS APAC in TCS will go up from the current 51 per cent to 66 per cent," TCS said in a BSE filing.

The current governance of operations and management will remain unchanged by the share acquisition, it added.

The joint venture was established in July 2014.

"Our joint venture has been a game-changer in the Japanese market, bringing scale and impact as look for technology partners that can help them ride the waves of digitalisation and heightened global competition," TCS Japan President and CEO, Representative Director, Amur S Lakshminarayanan said.

TCS Japan has achieved double-digit revenue growth in constant currency terms in each of the last two years making it one of the fastest growing lT services firms in its class in Japan, the statement said.

To augment the local workforce and gain scale, a Japan-centric delivery centre (JDC) - with enhanced language support and heavy localisation of global business practices - was set up in 2015 within TCS Sahyadri Park in Pune, lndia.

Also, TCS set up its inaugural Pace Port - a creative hub to catalyse technology-led business innovation for Japanese customers in

First Published: Mon, June 24 2019. 18:30 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU