"When our government will come, we will implement the OPS scheme in the first cabinet meeting," he said
The Haryana government Saturday said it would introduce a spirulina-based product to combat malnutrition in children with a six-month pilot project planned in Nuh district. Spirulina, an algae that grows in both freshwater and saltwater, is rich in nutrients and possesses antioxidant properties, according to an official release. A study conducted by the Institute of Health Management and Research (IHMR), Bengaluru, demonstrated a reduction in malnutrition by administering spirulina to children for six months, it said. Haryana Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal, after presiding over the fifth meeting of the state convergence committee under POSHAN Abhiyaan here, said three nutrition-rich programmes will be implemented across all blocks of the aspirational district Nuh. These programmes aim to alleviate malnutrition and anaemia among children and women. Nutritional support in the form of ready-to-eat food items, nutritional packets, and antioxidant-rich foods will be provided to childre
In a major administrative reshuffle, the Haryana government on Saturday shifted 16 IAS officers and 28 HCS officers with immediate effect. Among them, seven deputy commissioners were transferred, according to an official order. Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer Sushil Sarwan has been posted as deputy commissioner Panchkula, replacing IAS officer Priyanka Soni, according to the order. Sarwan will also hold the charge of chief administrator, Mata Mansa Devi Shrine Board, Panchkula. Manoj Kumar, a 2012 batch IAS officer, will be the DC of Yamunanagar in place of Rahul Hooda who has been posted as DC, Rewari. Mandeep Kaur will be DC, Charkhi Dadri while Manoj Kumar, a 2014 batch IAS officer, has been posted as DC, Sonepat, it said. Mohd Imran Raza has been posted as DC, Jind while Prashant Panwar will be DC, Fatehabad, as per the order. Senior IAS officer Sanjay Joon has been posted as managing director, Haryana State Federation of Cooperative Sugar Mills and director genera
Haryana will be hosting the fourth meeting of the G20 Sherpa group in Nuh from September 3 to 7, an official statement said here on Friday. Chief Secretary Sanjeev Kaushal on Friday conducted a thorough review of the arrangements in the district with several senior officials, including the Additional Chief Secretary of Industries and Commerce, Health, Director General, Information, Public Relations, Language, and Culture and the Director General of Police. Deputy Commissioners of Gurugram and Nuh districts too were present in the meeting. Kaushal stressed the event was a matter of national pride and underscored the importance of meticulous planning and attention to detail. "Under the leadership of the Prime Minister, the G20 has been organising meetings on various subjects across the country. Gurugram has already successfully hosted three prior meetings of the G20's Anti-Corruption Working Group, Startup 20, and discussions on crime and security related to NFT, AI, and Metaverse, .
Cow vigilante Bittu Bajrangi, arrested in connection with communal clashes in Nuh earlier in the month, was sent to a 14-day judicial custody on Thursday, police said. Bajrangi was produced in a Nuh court on Thursday from where he was sent to judicial custody in Neemka jail of Faridabad district, a senior police officer said. Bittu Bajrangi alias Raj Kumar was arrested on Tuesday from Faridabad after a fresh FIR was registered against him at Nuh's Sadar Plice Sation on a complaint of Assistant Superintendent of Police Usha Kundu. A Nuh Police spokesperson said that eight swords were recovered from Bajrangi's possession. According to the FIR, Bajrangi, who was identified through social media posts, along with some of his unidentified supporters, had allegedly misbehaved with and threatened an ASP Kundu-led police team which had stopped them while they were carrying swords and 'trishuls' to Nalhar temple. Bajrangi had been arrested by Faridabad Police two days after the violence in
Police have registered an FIR against unidentified people for allegedly making provocative speeches at the August 13 'Sarv Hindu Samaj mahapanchayat' in Haryana's Palwal, officials said. The FIR was registered based on a complaint by Probationer Sub-Inspector (PSI) Sachin, who alleged that some people gave provocative speeches against the people of another community during the gathering in Pondri village, they said. The FIR was registered under IPC sections 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups) and 505 (statements conducing public mischief), among others, at the Hathin Police station on Monday, police said. "An FIR has been registered and action will be taken as per the law," SHO Manoj Kumar said on Wednesday. The 'mahapanchayat' by Hindu outfits decided to resume on August 28 the VHP's Braj Mandal Yatra in Nuh, which was disrupted after communal violence in July. It also made several demands, which included an NIA probe into the attack on the VHP yatra in Nuh on July 3
Police have registered an FIR against unidentified people for allegedly making provocative speeches at the August 13 'Sarv Hindu Samaj mahapanchayat' in Haryana's Palwal, officials said on Wednesday. The FIR was registered based on a complaint by Probationer Sub-Inspector (PSI) Sachin, who alleged that some people gave provocative speeches against the people of another community during the gathering in Pondri village, they said. The FIR was registered under IPC sections 153-A (promoting enmity between different groups) and 505 (statements conducing public mischief) among others at the Hathin Police station on Monday, police said. "An FIR has been registered and action will be taken as per the law," SHO Manoj Kumar said. The 'mahapanchayat' by Hindu outfits decided to resume on August 28 the VHP's Braj Mandal Yatra in Nuh which was disrupted after communal violence in July. It also made several demands, which included an NIA probe into the attack on the VHP yatra in Nuh on July 31 a
The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) on Wednesday told the Punjab and Haryana High Court that the selection of sportspersons for participation in major international events is the responsibility of national sports federations. The IOA was responding to a petition filed by three boxers over they not being selected for the upcoming Asian Games in China's Hangzhou. Pugilists Amit Panghal, a World Boxing Championship silver medallist, Rohit Mor and Sagar Ahlawat had moved the high court last month against the Boxing Federation of India (BFI) and others after they were left out of the Indian squad for the Asian Games to be held from September 23 to October 8. They had petitioned against the BFI's evaluation process for the selection of the Asian Games squad. The petitioners had alleged that the BFI had changed the selection criteria for national coaching camps, world championships and Asian Games in violation of the National Sports Development Code of India (NSCI)-2011. The petitioners
Cow vigilante Bittu Bajrangi was remanded in police custody for a day by a Nuh court on Wednesday in connection with communal clashes that erupted in the district on July 31, and police said his associates will also be arrested soon. Bajrangi alias Raj Kumar was arrested on Tuesday from Faridabad after a fresh FIR was registered against him at Nuh's Sadar police station based on a complaint by Assistant Superintendent of Police Usha Kundu, they said. According to the FIR, Bajrangi, who was identified through social media posts, and some of his unidentified supporters had allegedly misbehaved with and threatened an ASP Kundu-led police team which had stopped them while they were carrying swords and trishuls to Nalhar temple. Bajrangi had been arrested by Faridabad police two days after the violence in connection with another case related to the communal clashes but was released on bail after he joined the investigation. He was accused of making inflammatory speeches and brandishing .
Due to the complaint of sexual harassment by a woman athletics coach, case was registered against former Indian men's hockey team captain Sandeep Singh who served as sports minister of Haryana
The Vishva Hindu Parishad on Wednesday disassociated itself from cow vigilante Bittu Bajrangi arrested in connection with the communal clashes in Haryana's Nuh district. "Raj Kumar alias Bittu Bajrangi, who is said to be a Bajrang Dal worker, has never had any relation with Bajrang Dal. The Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) also does not consider the content of the video allegedly released by him to be appropriate," the right-wing outfit said in a statement. Bajrang Dal is the youth wing of the VHP. Bajrangi was arrested on Tuesday in connection with the communal clashes that erupted in Nuh on July 31, police said. He was questioned in connection with a fresh FIR registered against him and 15-20 others at Nuh's Sadar Police Station based on a complaint filed by Assistant Superintendent of Police Usha Kundu. Police said Bajrangi, the president of an outfit called the Goraksha Bajrang Force, was initially detained by a Crime Investigation Agency team of Tauru from Faridabad and taken for
The people of Haryana should forget social, religious and communal differences, and maintain harmony, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said on Tuesday and asserted that "we consider the people of the entire state our family". Last month, clashes broke out in Haryana's Nuh district after a procession of the Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) was attacked by mobs, and it spread to adjoining areas, including Gurugram. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, died in the violence. Addressing a gathering at a state-level Independence Day function here, the chief minister also expressed confidence that Haryana will surpass all other states in terms of development by 2047, according to a statement. "We consider the people of the entire state our family. The day we assumed the responsibility of 'Jan Sewa' in the year 2014, our aim became to protect the interests of every Haryanvi," the chief minister said. Equal development of all citizens and areas has been the priority, he ...
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Monday announced the launch of an expanded Ayushman Bharat-Chirayu Haryana Yojana that will benefit people with annual income of up to Rs 3 lakh. Khattar had earlier announced an increase in the annual income limit under the scheme from Rs 1.80 lakh to Rs 3 lakh. "By extending the coverage to families with an annual income of Rs 1.80 lakh to Rs 3 lakh and allowing them to avail treatment up to Rs 5 lakh, the government is ensuring that more people can access quality healthcare services without facing the burden of high medical expenses," an official release quoted Khattar as saying. Ayushman Bharat provides cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation. The extended coverage will benefit an additional eight lakh families, Khattar said in Fatehabad. Families with an annual income exceeding Rs 1.80 lakh but less than Rs 3 lakh can avail of the scheme by paying a yearly premium of Rs 1,500, he ...
The Haryana government on Monday notified a revised compassionate appointment policy for family members of armed forces and the Central Armed Police Forces personnel who die in the line of duty and are declared as "battle casualties". The policy was accorded a Cabinet nod on August 4. The earlier policy provided jobs solely to the dependents of those personnel who lost their lives in border skirmishes, terrorist attacks or riots and were formally declared as martyrs by the Ministry of Defence or the Union Ministry of Home Affairs, a statement said. According to the revised policy, dependents of martyrs who lost their lives in various incidents in the line of duty, be it in wars, IED blasts, terrorist or militant attacks, border skirmishes, United Nations peacekeeping missions or even in accidents, cardiac arrests, air crashes, and natural calamities that demand exceptional courage and dedication will be provided compassionate appointment, it said. The policy widens the scope of ...
Mobile internet services were restored in Nuh on Monday as police stepped up security ahead of Independence Day in the Haryana district where communal clashes broke out two weeks ago, police said. Following the violence on July 31, mobile internet services were completely stopped by the government till August 8. The suspension was subsequently extended till August 13. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, died in the clashes that erupted in Nuh after a procession of the Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) was attacked by mobs on July 31 and spread to adjoining areas, including Gurugram. Markets are now open in the violence-affected areas and people are visiting them. Ten days after the violence, orders were given by the district magistrate to open all educational institutions. Schools are now functioning as usual. Preparations are on for Independence Day celebrations in Nuh. Police parade units are also preparing for the programme to be held at the district level. "People h
Mobile internet service has been restored in Nuh district of Haryana, two weeks after it was suspended following communal clashes that claimed six lives, police said on Monday. According to the police, the service was restored Sunday midnight. Following the violence on July 31, mobile internet service was completely stopped by the government till 8 August. The suspension was subsequently extended till 13 August. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, died in the clashes that erupted in Nuh after a procession of the Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) was attacked by mobs on July 31 and spread to adjoining areas, including Gurugram. Following sustained efforts by the Nuh district administration to restore normalcy, markets are now open in the violence-affected areas and people are visiting them. Ten days after the violence, orders were given by the district magistrate to open all educational institutions. Schools are now functioning as usual. Students are busy preparing for .
The Panchayat has also called for an investigation by the NIA so that "everything becomes transparent"
The BJP-led government in Haryana in its tenure of eight and a half years has done double the work as compared to that done in the 10-year rule of the previous Congress regime, Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar said on Sunday. "We have worked without any discrimination and in a transparent manner," he said while addressing a "Jan Samvad" programme in Jainpur Sadhan village in Karnal district. The aim of Jan Samvad programmes is to meet people face-to-face and listen to their grievances, the chief minister said. The present state government in its tenure of eight and a half years has done double the work as compared to the work done in the 10-year tenure of previous Congress government, and that too in half the budget, Khattar said While highlighting the initiatives started by his government, Khattar said that data of every family member of the state is available with the government through the Parivar Pehchan Patra (PPP). The aim of PPP is to ensure that the benefits of government
A 'mahapanchayat' by Hindu outfits will be held in Haryana's Pondri village on Sunday which will take a call on resuming VHP's Braj Mandal Yatra in Nuh that was disrupted on July 31 after communal violence broke out in the area, officials said. The 'Sarva Jatiye Mahapanchayat' was originally planned to be held in Nuh district's Kira village but permission was denied for it in view of the prevailing law and order situation. Permission for the event has been given in Palwal, Deputy Superintendent of Police (headquarters), Palwal, Sandeep Mor said on Sunday. Palwal and Nuh are adjoining districts. The mahapanchayat will be held under the banner of 'Sarv Hindu Samaj', in which Hindu outfits including the Vishva Hindu Parishad, will take part. Police said a gathering of around 500 people has been allowed for the mahapanchayat and strict action will be taken if anyone makes any kind of hate speech. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, died in the communal clashes that er
"30 lakh families of the state are already taking benefits of the scheme, now 8 lakh more families will join this scheme", added the Haryana CM