Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar Saturday increased the annual income limit under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana from Rs 1.8 lakh to Rs 3 lakh, a move to raise the number of state beneficiaries under the scheme. Khattar made this announcement during the 'Jan Samvad programme' at Bakana village in the Yamunanagar district, said an official release. With this announcement, eight lakh more families in the state are expected to be included under the scheme, taking the total beneficiary families under the Ayushman Bharat Chirayu Haryana Yojana to 38 lakh, Khattar said. The chief minister said the state government has so far spent Rs 500 crore under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. He added that the portal for availing of Ayushman cards will be opened for one month. Each beneficiary family will have to pay an annual premium of Rs 1,500. The Ayushman Bharat Yojana provides a health cover of Rs 5 lakh per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalisation. Speaking about th
The Haryana government on Friday extended till Sunday the suspension of mobile internet and SMS services in Nuh where conditions are "still critical and tense". A total of 393 people have been arrested and 118 taken into preventive detention in connection with the communal clashes in Haryana earlier this month. Besides, 160 FIRs have been registered in Nuh, Gurugram, Faridabad, Palwal, Rewari, Panipat, Bhiwani and Hisar, Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij said in a statement on Friday. Nuh Superintendent of Police Narender Bijarnia said that so far 59 FIRs have been registered in the district in connection with the Braj Mandal violence case and 218 people arrested. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, have died in the clashes that erupted in Nuh over an attempt to stop a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession and spread to Gurugram. Opposition parties in Haryana have alleged that the violence in Nuh was the result of the failure of the BJP-JJP dispensation in the ...
The Haryana government on Friday extended till Sunday the suspension of mobile internet and SMS services in Nuh where conditions are "still critical and tense". A total of 393 people have been arrested and 118 taken into preventive detention in connection with the communal clashes in Haryana earlier this month. Besides, 160 FIRs have been registered in Nuh, Gurugram, Faridabad, Palwal, Rewari, Panipat, Bhiwani and Hisar, Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij said in a statement on Friday. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, have died in the clashes that erupted in Nuh over an attempt to stop a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession and spread to Gurugram. Opposition parties in Haryana have alleged that the violence in Nuh was the result of the failure of the BJP-JJP dispensation in the state. The Haryana government on Friday evening extended the suspension of mobile internet and SMS services in Nuh district till 11.59 pm of August 13, to prevent disturbance of peace and public
A Sudarshan News editor has been arrested by police here over his alleged inflammatory posts on social media related to the communal violence in Nuh and adjoining districts in Haryana, an official said. Mukesh Kumar, the TV channel's managing editor, was arrested by the Gurugram Cyber Station East Police. Six people have been killed in the communal violence which erupted in Nuh on July 31 after a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession was attacked.
The Haryana government on Friday rejected in the high court the suggestion that a demolition drive in violence-hit Nuh did not follow procedure and was an exercise in ethnic cleansing, as the bench hearing the case referred it to the chief justice's court. On Monday, the Punjab and Haryana High court had halted the demolition of illegally-constructed buildings in Muslim-dominated Nuh, questioning if a particular community was being targeted after communal violence broke out there. As the case came up for hearing before the division bench of Justices Arun Palli and Jagmohan Bansal on Friday, Haryana's Additional Advocate General Deepak Sabharwal told the court that due procedure established under the law was followed. "We have apprised the court that it is not at all a case of ethnic cleansing and the government never works like this. For the state, all are equal. Entire procedure followed before the demolition was carried out," he told reporters later. The government will file a ..
AIMIM chief Asaduddin Owaisi on Thursday questioned the central government's conscience and said whether Bilkis Bano should get justice or not
The Delhi government had accused the Haryana government of negligence that 4 out of 32 gates of the barrage near ITO in Delhi were not opened, which resulted in waterlogging
Nuh violence: Those leaving the Millenium City include cab drivers, office peons and security staff
The Haryana government has issued an order to transfer from Nuh a police officer in the rank of deputy superintendent. According to the order issued on Monday, Deputy Superintendent of Police (Nuh) Jai Prakash has been transferred. He will take up a posting as the Deputy Superintendent of Police (Police Headquarters) in Panchkula. Deputy Superintendent of Police (Siwani) in Bhiwani district Mukesh Kumar will take over from Prakash. Earlier, Superintendent of Police Varun Singla and Deputy Commissioner Prashant Panwar were transferred away from Nuh. Singla was on leave when communal clashes broke out in the district. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, died in the clashes that erupted in Nuh over an attempt to stop a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession and spread to Gurugram and other places. Singla has been posted the Superintendent of Police (Bhiwani). Narendra Bijarniya, who was holding additional charge in Singla's absence, took over as the new Nuh Superintendent
The demolition drive in Haryana's Nuh where communal violence erupted last week was halted Monday on the orders of the Punjab and Haryana High Court, officials said. The High Court restrained the Haryana government from carrying out the demolition drive in Nuh where district authorities were bulldozing "illegal" constructed buildings. They also said that some of the buildings were used by rioters when a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession was targeted by a stone-pelting mob last week. The court of Justice G S Sandhawalia took suo motu cognisance of the exercise and directed the state government not to carry out any further demolition.
Earlier on Sunday as well curfew was lifted from 9 am to 12 noon
A 'mahapanchayat' held here in Tigri village on Sunday demanded the release of youths arrested in connection with the killing of a Muslim cleric on August 1, giving a seven-day ultimatum to police. The panchayat also demanded the removal of the Anjuman mosque in Sector 57 since the area is Hindu-dominated. Naib Imam Mohammed Saad, 26, was killed during an attack on the Anjuman mosque by a mob in early hours of Tuesday last week. The attack came hours after a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession was pelted with stones at Khadli Chowk in Nuh, adjoining Gurugram. The panchayat formed a 101 people-committee to track the matter. It was adjourned with the ultimatum if the youths are not released, a "big decision" will be taken. Municipal Corporation of Gurugram's outgoing councillor Mahesh Dayma said that the committee will submit a memorandum to the Deputy Commissioner on Monday demanding the release of the four youths arrested from the village in the mosque murder case and also an impartia
Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar on Sunday expressed gratitude to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw for selecting 15 Haryana stations for redevelopment under the 'Amrit Bharat Station Scheme'. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday laid the foundation stone for the redevelopment of 508 railway stations across the country via video conferencing. These stations are spread across 27 states and union territories and also include 22 in Punjab. According to an official statement, the 15 railway stations in Haryana which will be redeveloped under the scheme are Ambala City, Bhiwani Junction, Faridabad, Pataudi Road, Hisar, Bahadurgarh, Jind Junction, Narwana Junction, Narnaul, Kalka, Rewari, Rohtak, Sirsa, Sonipat and Yamunanagar-Jagadhri. At an event organised at the Chandigarh railway station on the occasion, Khattar said remarkable works have been done in the infrastructure, road and railway system sectors in the last nine years. He said with the ...
Soon after the curfew was lifted, people stepped out of their homes to purchase vegetables at Nuh Sabzi Mandi
Haryana government on Sunday announced that mobile internet services will remain suspended in the Nuh district till August 8.The order passed by the Haryana Home Secretary stated that the conditions in the district remain critical and tense."Whereas, it has been brought to my notice by Deputy Commissioner Nub that the law and order situation has been reviewed and the conditions are still critical and tense in the district," the statement said. And whereas, after assessment of the current prevailing law & order situation as well as the recommendation of the Deputy Commissioner, Nuh, I am of the considered view that there is a clear potential of disruption of public utilities, damage to public assets and amenities and disturbance of public law and order in district Nuh on account of misuse of Internet services by way of spread of inflammatory material and false rumours, which are being/could be transmitted/circulated to the public through social media/ messaging services on mobile
Haryana and Punjab, which were recently hit by floods in several parts, logged over 40 per cent excess rains in July, the Meteorological Department here said. While Haryana recorded 59 per cent excess rainfall, Punjab logged an excess of 44 per cent, it added. Union Territory Chandigarh, the common capital of both states, received 170 per cent excess rainfall in July, a MeT official told PTI. As against the normal of 273.2 mm for the period, Chandigarh received 738.7 mm of rainfall. In July, the city even recorded an all-time high of 302.2 mm in a span of 24 hours, the official said. According to the MeT official, Haryana witnessed 237.1 mm of rainfall in July, compared to its average of 149.1 mm -- an excess of 59 per cent. Over the same period, Punjab recorded 231.8 mm of rainfall, against the normal of 161.4 mm -- 44 per cent excess. None of the districts in Haryana saw deficit rain in July, while Panchkula and Yamunanagar were the wettest districts, the MeT data showed. Panc
The Haryana government on Saturday extended the suspension of mobile internet service in Nuh and Palwal districts till August 8, according to an official order. Suspension of SMS services in these two districts has been extended till 5 pm on August 7, it said. Mobile internet and SMS services were suspended after clashes erupted in Nuh on July 31 over an attempt to stop a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession and spread to Gurugram and other districts of the state. Six people have died in the clashes. The order to extend the suspension was issued by Additional Chief Secretary (Home), T V S N Prasad, on Saturday evening. The Haryana government had earlier suspended mobile internet and SMS services and later extended till August 5. "This order is extended to prevent any disturbance of peace and public order in the jurisdiction of district Nuh and shall be in force up to 08.08.2023 (23:59 hrs)," it stated. "It has been brought to my notice by the deputy commissioners of Nuh that the ...
The Haryana government on Saturday said the attack on the cybercrime police station in Nuh district was aimed at destroying evidence related to a massive fraud unearthed earlier this year. The cybercrime police station was targeted during the violence that erupted in Nuh on July 31. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, died in the communal clashes that erupted after a mob tried to stop a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession and spread to Gurugram over the last few days. Under the guise of the violence in Nuh in the past few days, an attempt was made to destroy the evidence collected during the raid and the cyber police station was attacked, the government said in a statement. Documents related to the huge fraud and other crimes were kept at the police station, it said. In the biggest ever raid of its kind, the Haryana Police had uncovered a cyber fraud worth about Rs 100 crore in April. As part of the crackdown, 320 hideouts of cyber criminals spread across 14 villages
Get all the latest news updates from around the world here
Former Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda on Saturday slammed the BJP-JJP government over the violence in Nuh district, accusing it of failing in its responsibility of ensuring security to the people. He said the Congress will raise the issue in the assembly. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, died in the clashes that erupted in Muslim-dominated Nuh when a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession was attacked by mobs on Monday and later spread to Gurugram and its adjoining areas. "A large number of people have been affected by this violence. Some houses and shops were attacked and people lost their lives. The state's economy will also be affected due to the breakdown of law and order," Hooda said. It is the government's responsibility to provide security to the people. But the present government has "failed" to do so, the Congress leader said in a party release. "Why has this situation come up today? The right steps were not taken at the right time to stop the .