Haryana authorities on Saturday razed dozens of illegal structures on the third day of the demolition drive in violence-hit Nuh district, with officials saying some of them were owned by those allegedly involved in the recent clashes. The number of people arrested has gone up to 216, while 80 people have been taken into preventive detention and 104 FIRs registered so far in connection with the communal violence that erupted when a religious procession was attacked in Nuh district by mobs on July 31, according to Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij. While the opposition pressed for a probe into alleged intelligence failure, Vij said he did not have information about any intelligence input on a possible build-up of tension. New Superintendent of Police P Narender Bijarnia said that rioters will not be spared. "Nuh police took out flag marches at all subdivision levels of the district to ensure peace," he said, adding that anti-riot police have also been deployed in strength. Nuh District
In a bid to stop the exodus of migrant workers from the city, district authorities Saturday visited a few slum areas and urged the labourers to go for their daily work without any fear. Number of workers started fleeing to their native places in different states in view of violence that flared up here and in Nuh earlier in the week. Gurgugram Deputy Commissioner Nishant Kumar Yadav Saturday visited the slums near Sector 58 and 70 here as part of the ongoing exercise to build confidence among common people about their safety, along with maintaining law and order. "The situation here is peaceful now and there is no need to panic," Yadav said. He urged the slum residents to go about their daily activities without any fear and assured them of their safety. Interacting with the migrant workers, the DC told them that if anyone threatens them to leave the place, they should immediately inform the district administration and the nearest police station so that appropriate legal action can
A case was registered against unidentified persons after some people allegedly threw stones at the gate of a mosque in Haryana's Rohtak, police said on Saturday, as Nuh and other parts of the state return to normal after communal clashes that left six dead. Police said the Rohtak incident took place Friday around 10:30 pm at Aanwal village and a case was lodged by mosque cleric Iqbal. They said security around the mosque has been tightened. They said some unidentified people allegedly pelted stones at the gate of the mosque's boundary wall. Upon getting information, Rohtak Additional Superintendent of Police Medha Bhushan reached the site Friday night with her team. Police said a case has been registered and further investigation was underway. The case was registered under relevant sections including 295 (injuring or defiling place of worship with intent to insult the religion of any class) of the Indian Penal Code against unidentified people, said Inspector Ramesh Kumar, police .
Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij has said he did not have information about any intelligence input on a possible build-up of tension in the wake of the religious procession that was attacked in Nuh district by mobs on July 31. "I asked the ACS (additional chief secretary), Home, and the DGP. They also said they did not have any information," Vij said on Friday in response to a question on the violence that erupted in Nuh. "Do not know who had it (intelligence input) or not, I do not have any information about it. At least I did not know about it," he said. Referring to a TV channel sting of a CID Inspector purportedly claiming that authorities had inputs about potential trouble during the VHP yatra in the Muslim-majority district, Vij said a video of the sting operation was going viral and it has to be investigated whom the inspector shared that intelligence with. "If he had the information, then whom did he share it with," the minister asked, adding that he had sent the video to the
The demolition drive in violence-hit Nuh district of Haryana continued for the third day on Saturday as authorities bulldozed illegal constructions on 2.6 acres of land around Nalhar Medical College in the state. Around 15 other temporary structures were also demolished as part of the drive, police said. These were illegal constructions. Notices were already given to owners of the demolished structures. The owners of some illegal structures were also involved in the violence during the Braj Mandal religious yatra. The demolition drive will continue," Sub Divisional Magistrate Ashwani Kumar said. A police official said the demolition drive began from Adbar Chowk and will continue till Tiranga Chowk. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, died in clashes that erupted in Muslim-dominated Nuh when a Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) procession or the Braj Mandal Yatra was attacked by mobs on Monday. Gurugram had also witnessed stray incidents of clashes. Nuh District Magistrat
A heavy police force was also deployed in the area during the course of the removal action to prevent any untoward incident
The toll in the violence that broke out between two groups stood at 6, including 2 police homeguards, while another 88 were injured, police informed further
Nuh authorities bulldozed about 250 shanties allegedly encroaching upon government land in Tauru town, a police official said Friday, days after communal riots erupted in the district. The official said the occupants of the Haryana Shahari Vikas Pradhikaran (HSVP) land were illegal Bangladeshi immigrants who were earlier living in Assam and the shanties were demolished Thursday evening. Nuh Deputy Commissioner Prashant Panwar however denied that the demolition was linked to the recent violence. He said it was part of a normal process of clearing encroachments. The shanties were built over an acre of land and people have been living here for three years, police said. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, died in the clashes that erupted in Muslim-dominated Nuh when a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession was attacked by mobs on Monday. The violence subsequently spread to neighbouring Gurugram as well. According to the police, 141 people have been arrested and over 55 cases
Earlier on Thursday, Haryana Home Minister Anil Vij said that police have registered 83 FIRs and 159 people have been arrested after the violence gripped Nuh and Gurgram districts
Three motorcycles were set on fire on Thursday night in Pataudi area here, police said. The motorcycles were parked outside Rashid Auto Works near Chungi no. 4 while a mechanic was sleeping inside the shop. Firefighters doused the flames and rescued the mechanic, police said. Sporadic incidents of arson have been reported from Pataudi since Monday after violence broke out in the adjoining Nuh district over an attempt to stop a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, have died in the clashes that spread to Gurugram and other districts of the state over the past few days. Inspector Rakesh Kumar, Station House Officer of Pataudi Police Station said the cause of the fire is being ascertained.
Nuh SP, Varun Singla, has been transferred and posted to Bhiwani. IPS Narender Bijarniya would now be the full-time SP of Nuh district, as per an order issued by the Home Department
The Haryana government has constituted a committee that will monitor social media platforms to prevent the circulation of provocative material, including videos, photographs, and hate speeches, to maintain law and order and communal harmony in the state. The committee has been formed in the wake of communal violence in Nuh. According to an order issued on Thursday by Additional Chief Secretary (Home), T V S N Prasad, the committee will coordinate with all relevant agencies to take "remedial/corrective measures in this regard". Special Secretary, Home -I will be the committee's chairman. It will have a superintendent of police, CID, Haryana, deputy secretary, Information Technology and an interception assistant from the office of the ACS, Home Department, as members. Six people, including two home guards and a cleric, have died in the clashes that erupted in Nuh over an attempt to stop a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession and spread to Gurugram over the past few days. Haryana's Home
Nuh is a pointer to commercial impact of riots
A total of 176 people have been arrested and 78 taken into preventive detention in connection with the communal clashes in Haryana, a top state government official said here on Thursday. Additional Chief Secretary (Home) T V S N Prasad also said 93 FIRs have been registered, including 46 in Nuh, 23 in Gurugram, three in Faridabad, three in Rewari, and 18 in Palwal. We have to take a full comprehensive view of the situation. Provocative or false information should not be spread on social media, Prasad said while addressing the media. He said those found responsible for the clashes will not be spared. We will come down very heavily whoever tries to disturb law and order, added Prasad. The additional chief secretary said the situation is fast returning to normalcy. I would say it has returned to normalcy. We have adequate forces. The Centre was requested and 24 companies of central forces were provided, he added. He said that a battalion of IRB has been deployed in Nuh. Very soon in
The BJP on Thursday raised questions on the Congress' role in the communal violence in Haryana, saying the clashes that took place between the two communities were "part of a larger conspiracy" and the truth will come out during the investigation. Addressing a press conference at the party headquarters here, BJP national spokesperson Sudhanshu Trivedi said Congress MLA Mamman Khan's provocative statement on the floor of the Haryana Legislative Assembly and his social media posts raise suspicion about the party's role in the violence. Communal violence broke out in Nuh district on Monday as a mob tried to stop a Vishva Hindu Parishad procession by pelting stones and setting cars on fire. The violence spilled over into neighbouring Gurugram on Tuesday with mobs killing a Muslim cleric, torching an eatery, and vandalising shops. So far, six people have died, 116 arrested and 90 detained, according to the Haryana government. Congress MLA Mamman Khan had given a provocative statement on
The Haryana government on Monday suspended internet services in Nuh district till August 2 after violence broke out
The order passed by the Haryana Home Secretary stated that the conditions in these districts remain critical and tense
The Haryana government on Wednesday said mobile internet and SMS services in Nuh and some other places in the state will remain suspended till August 5 to prevent any disturbance to peace and public order in the wake of the communal clashes. Besides Nuh, the services will remain snapped in Faridabad, Palwal and the territorial jurisdiction of sub-division Sohna, Pataudi and Manesar of Gurugram district. The government had ordered the suspension of mobile internet and SMS services in Nuh district from 4 pm on Monday and later imposed the restrictions in some other parts too till August 2 in view of the "intense communal tension" and disturbance of public peace. Violence broke out at several places after stones were pelted during a religious procession and cars set on fire in Nuh on Monday. The order to extend the suspension of mobile internet and SMS services till August 5 was issued by Additional Chief Secretary (Home) T V S N Prasad Wednesday evening. "This order is extended to .
In the Lok Sabha (LS), Speaker Om Birla skipped the proceedings to express his displeasure over the conduct of the Opposition and treasury benches alike
The violence in Haryana's Nuh subsequently spread to Sohna and parts of Gurugram and Delhi. Watch the video for the latest updates